Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1416313 views.
LindaPutt

Jun-8

broom bumps, that way we can fly off afterwards!!

You crack me up!!!!

LindaPutt

Jun-8

That's so great!  No more stinkin' storage unit for you!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-8

Wow, I didn't realize it was so difficult to find food on a road trip.  We'll see how that goes as DJ is planning to drive his car back to Atlanta for school which begins 8/17.  He and his cousin (going along for the trip and will fly home) better plan on taking a backpacking stove and get backpacking rations for the trip.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

I wish I could deliver my donation stuff I have waiting in the garage.  It is mostly stacked at the far end of Lizzie so I can't get to her to quilt the Wedding quilt I finished piecing.  I just received fabrics for DH's niece's HS graduation quilt so need to get that pieced to be ready to quilt too.  I'm going to use the "Walk About" quilt pattern that I used for my friend's National Parks/Route 66 quilt.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said...

something to sleep on besides air mattress!  They work good in a pinch, but it's getting old sleeping on it every night.  LOL  

Oh my!  I'm sure you must feel a bit achey after sleeping on an air mattress so long.  Get that good mattress as soon as you can!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

Mishii said...

I'm going to become either a boob or crotch grabber.  I haven't decided which.  "Oh, does that make you uncomfortable?  That is just the way I am!" honk honk

Fair warning for next retreat :) 

Yikes!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

If a person doesn't want a hug, I'm kinda partial to them

I'll take any you have as extras!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

I've pretty much been staying home (with DH and DS...  oooyyyeeeeeeee....).  Only go to the store when we (or my Mom) needs regular stuff, food or medications.  I was able to have an overdue doppler exam on my carotoid arteries and an overdue cardiology appointment.  In and out on both and well organized and socially distant and disinfected.  Had to do some annual banking with my Mom so I took her and we both felt safe and well protected.  Then I took her right home where we both washed up.

I also wanted to mention a friend who lives a couple of blocks from us mentioned they are moving to their remodeled vacation home in Palm Springs for retirement.  She was selling her Gma's sewing cabinet and asked if I'd be interested in seeing it before the open Estate Sale.  I appreciated her giving me first right of refusal as when I saw it I HAD to bring it home!!  I've always wanted a Martha Washington cabinet.  DH and DS were willing to carry it home if we couldn't get into the car but we got it in so they didn't have to walk it home in the higher than usual heat.  DH did ask me where I was going to put it and I replied it will go into DJ's room when he is outta here!  So for now...  they put it in the sewing room and that is already disorganized and crammed.  But I'm delighted!  Here is a picture:

Dang...  Sorry it is sideways.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-9

I had no idea such a piece of furniture even existed!  So, I looked up "Martha Washington cabinet" and now I have been educated.

Good for you that you finally obtained one!