Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1407284 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-9

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Don't know how many of you will feel safe flying by then.

Let's face this dilema when the time is appropriate.  Circumstances change constantly, so there it isn't worth the energy to fuss about it now.  Certainly, we all should make contingency plans but don't go overboard at this point.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-9

yup...

Closer event is So Cal Quilter's Run in July...not sure if the shops will be have re-opened by then nor if I will feel comfortable enough to go even if they ARE open.  My friends and I are all 'ladies of a certain age' ....We probably would not be able to do our 'dash in for 20 minutes' if they only let one group in at a time or if there would be a line...some of the stores, this wouldn't be a problem, but some of them are really, really small and get overcrowded with just the 4 of us!

I will however, if they are going to do 'something', go to my local store and at least get my year bar! But this may be a bust year. Only had one other year when we didn't do the full run AND get our IDIDIT bars (Husbands call this our IDIOT bars) when the driver scheduled her family vacation the same weekend as the Run...

They have not announced either way yet on the website.

Mishii

Jun-9

That is beautiful!  Nice get!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-9

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I've always wanted a Martha Washington cabinet

Cute. Doesn't take up much room.  Enjoy it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-9

Suze (casuzenn) said:

likely the hotel is not going to want to give you as good a price without as many attendees renting rooms... 

We have a contract so next year is locked in!  There alternate space was an empty room.  Don't know if they have that anymore.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-9

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Certainly, we all should make contingency plans but don't go overboard at this point.

I totally agree.  We will make plans and decide which way to go just before we post the retreat on the forum so that you will all know what to expect.  Even among this small group we have different ideas about what is appropriate to do.

bornblesse2

Jun-9

SuZe, unfortunately it is just too early to know about the safety of quilt store doing the RUN.  And definitely too early to plan for retreat in FEB.

my household is still trying to figure out how to opporate.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-9

bornblesse2 said:

my household is still trying to figure out how to opporate.

yah..us too..I have not seen my parents since January..and my poor Sis is left with all the upkeep...sigh..

I will likely be okay with it by then.  Heck, I still have a cruise scheduled for October, and will be flying to Orlando the first of the month.  Cruise line's website shows that it is still scheduled.  If they cancel it, I will be okay with that too.  If they do that, we get full refunds, or full credit for another cruise we can select later.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-10

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Don't know how many of you will feel safe flying by then.

Let's face this dilema when the time is appropriate.  Circumstances change constantly, so there it isn't worth the energy to fuss about it now.  Certainly, we all should make contingency plans but don't go overboard at this point.

I completely agree with you.