Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1407238 views.
sueinIL

Jun-13

Yes, they are!  DH and I had 2 girls.  They each had 2 boys, so we are grandparents of 4 boys; the oldest is 8. Love them beyond words!

Sue in IL

viola (sissly4)

Jun-13

From Bakerfield to Barstow is a real pretty drive.Mojave is pretty too.

Midkid5

Jun-13

Misha, if my memory services me correctly you know something about how to find information on old sewing machines.  I came across three old Singer sewing machines, the cases are wooden and need a key to open them not really carrying case cause there's no handles.

These are the numbers on the right front of the machines.

AK531148

GO344347

AE???5191

Lighting was poor and not a lot of time so just snapped photos of these numbers.

Do you are anyone else knew a site that I can use to find more info on theses machines?

Thanks 

Jo

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-14

LABFIEND said:

Hopefully by the time retreat comes up, we will have a better idea of what to do!

I sure hope so.  I would love to have some consistent information!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-14

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Is there a train you can take south and east.  You'd like have to go to LA and transfer to the line going east but possibly?  DJ's scout group went to New Mexico via bus and train to LA from San Jose and then to New Mexico.  Might work for AZ.

I think that if someone didn't want to fly they probably wouldn't be happy with a train or bus.sweat

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-14

Mishii said:

The point of social distancing and the lock down wasn't to avoid everyone catching the virus, it was to flatten the curve....to take longer for herd immunity to develop so we didn't overwhelm the medical resources.  Am I misremembering that?

You are correct.  AZ is still in phase 1 of the recovery because we are just now getting more cases.  ICUs are almost full.   I think we will be able to come up with some plans in August that give us some flexibility  depending on February circumstances.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-14

you can open those cases with a small screwdriver or a 'key' from a ham can (or other can that has a wind off top - mine were corned beef!)

nylaagain

Jun-14

In the interest of pc, how about “please respect my personal space “? I never was a hugger but you guys can run into open arms.