Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1416326 views.
lppenguins

Jun-27

Good news all the way around!  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-27

Wow, very Nice cabinet Judy!  You really scored!  What a nice neighbor you have and so thoughtful that she knew you are sewist (ha ha spellcheck wants to change that to "sexist", my word.) or sewer and offered it to you first.  :)

I'm just praying it all goes smoothly! I appreciate any prayers you can give, too!

Thanks, Linda!! I'm looking forward to (but am crazy nervous about) it!

LOL! Yep; seems to be looking up. 

Mel Harris (MelHarris1) said:

I'm just praying it all goes smoothly! I appreciate any prayers you can give, too!

Thanks Mel. I will pray all goes well with the new job.

I am looking forward to going back up to Colorado and hope to be able to hit the ground running on the quilt machine. I have been pretty busy with sewing clothes and no working on quilts. The tree of life top I did up in Oregon and finished piecing in Washington now is getting lots of work with the applique vine, leaves, 2 squirrels and two birds. I did a  lot of work on it today working on squirrel #2. I had kinda got a schedule with putting on 5 leaves a day but had to stop to design and place the squirrels so now one is on the quilt and the other one is ready to go on so I can get back to the schedule of 5 leaves a day. That may not sound like much but there will be about 200 leaves and if I keep to the schedule then I will have them all done in under 2 months............this is my Summer project and I want to quilt it as soon as the applique is done and bring it for show and tell next retreat.

LindaPutt

Jun-27

What a lot of work you're putting into that quilt Ami.  Your progress so far takes my breath away.  I can't wait to see it at show & tell.

You certainly have a lot of patience! Way to go!

Thanks Linda. I was struggling with the squirrels all last week but finally got them figured out. Squirrel one is much simpler and is ready to be appliqued to the quilt. Squirrel 2 is much more complex. I have been working on him for two days. He is behind the vine and sitting on a branch. He is pieced and appliqued to the quilt and the vine and branch are appliqued on top of him. I just need to applique his 4 feet on as he is gripping the vine. Figuring out how to make him was a real puzzle. Some of the Squirrel details will happen with the quilting.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

That's great news for you and your DH!  Congratulations and I'm so glad you can go back up to CO.  We just decided to go do some retirement research and see family in CO 8/8-13 in the Ft Collins and Denver area.  Maybe I'll have to give you a buzz to see if we might meet up.  I can't recall exactly where you are but memory seems to tell me perhaps you are above that area too.  I don't know details yet as my DH just said something about going at the last minute before a SW special was over.  We can do it for <$200pp so I just grabbed flights quickly.  I'll let you know.