Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1416288 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

That's great news for you and your DH!  Congratulations and I'm so glad you can go back up to CO.  We just decided to go do some retirement research and see family in CO 8/8-13 in the Ft Collins and Denver area.  Maybe I'll have to give you a buzz to see if we might meet up.  I can't recall exactly where you are but memory seems to tell me perhaps you are above that area too.  I don't know details yet as my DH just said something about going at the last minute before a SW special was over.  We can do it for <$200pp so I just grabbed flights quickly.  I'll let you know.  

bornblesse2

Jun-28

Ami, I am so glad for you and hubby!   He sure has been traveling for his jobs in order to stay employed!  I would love to get back to CO, it has been years since I have seen the mountains there.

bornblesse2

Jun-28

Has it been six years. Carolyn?  Where did that time go.....

I was happy to take that trip!  It was a 2 person job.  Special friends deserve the best!

bornblesse2

Jun-28

My oldest son has grown a beard during all this pandemic.  It is a thick curly beard.  When he finally got out to get a hair cut, he left the hair on top longer.  They groomed and shaped his beard - made it look so nice!   This son has a long face, but now with length on top and bottom his face ( along with his tall height) makes his face look very long and skinny!

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

We just decided to go do some retirement research and see family in CO 8/8-13 in the Ft Collins and Denver area.

We are in Longmont. It would be really fun to see you. Longmont is between Denver and Ft Collins just west of the interstate a few miles. Please do let me know and we will get together for sure. There is a really good quilt store in Lyons that we could go to. They have a great selection and friendly staff. That is where I got the grunge for my tree of life quilt I am working on that I am using for the vine and binding.........they do have grunge in lots of colors and it is currently my favorite fabric as it just goes with EVERYTHING!

bornblesse2 said:

Ami, I am so glad for you and hubby! He sure has been traveling for his jobs in order to stay employed!

This is the first job ever that he got laid off from. The funding for the company was drying up so they needed to riff a few people and they let him go. They did give him a great package so we have been ok long enough for him to find the new job which is also in Colorado. My hope is that this job will last way longer than the last two. Colorado is our favorite place we have been so far (Well Bend Oregon was way up there as well).

bornblesse2

Jun-28

At the last retreat, Mel graciously gave Cathy a couple of quilt tops to finish for charity.  Carrie got them quilted, and delivered when we were together last week.  I told Cathy I would help her and finish the edges of one.....sharing the work.   So here it is all finished!  Yea hoo to Mel and Carrie!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

We are in Longmont. It would be really fun to see you. Longmont is between Denver and Ft Collins just west of the interstate a few miles. Please do let me know and we will get together for sure. There is a really good quilt store in Lyons that we could go to. They have a great selection and friendly staff. That is where I got the grunge for my tree of life quilt I am working on that I am using for the vine and binding.........they do have grunge in lots of colors and it is currently my favorite fabric as it just goes with EVERYTHING!

Thanks!  We do where Longmont is as when we were there two years ago visiting the area and DH's aunt and who are both quilters.  By chance over the weekend we were there the local guild(s) were having a quilt show!  We met David's aunt and uncle there and enjoyed the show very much.  It was so fun and to meet some of their quilting connections and quilting friends!  

DJ will be driving back to school in Atlanta (so he has his car) and his cousin is doing the trip with him.  They are hitting Natl Parks and trails along the route but he asked aunt/uncle if they might stay two nights with them.  So, of course, Aunt Donna said, "You'd better!!"  She wants to have other family in the area to have a big family dinner.  After DJ firmed up their route and dates we decided to go to the "party" too!  But we will hang out a few days to take some time in the area.  I'll keep in touch as our plans firm up.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

Yay Mel and Carrie!!  Your generosity and talent are very generous.

bornblesse2

Jun-28

Teamwork at it’s finest!