Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1414639 views.
Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-29

Congrats Ladies, the charity quilt looks Great!  Sounds like you did some work too Ellen, it's a group effort.  

They always do look better with quilting! :) She did a nice job!

Thanks, Kim! Feels like a while since we've seen you! Nice to see you :) 

lppenguins

Jun-29

Wow just your descriptions sound amazing. I can’t wait to see it either!

i thought your long arm was in NM, good you’re going to get back on. 

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said:

That sounds like an awesome project Ami and a lot of work. Good for you for sticking with it! I can't wait to see it.

Thanks Kim. I just hope that I do stick with it. I spent a lot of time on it today, did my 5 leaves, placed the 2nd squirrel where he goes and a bunch more leaves and vines are basted on. I am trying to get as much done now before we go back up to Colorado because I will hopefully be spending lots of time on the longarm and will not have so much time for other stuff. I have been posting the progress of this on my blog if you want to go and see.

lppenguins said:

i thought your long arm was in NM, good you’re going to get back on.

We moved the longarm up to Colorado last Fall where I could go and work on it every day. Well when they closed DH's work last March with a work from home we went to our house in New Mexico so using the longarm had to be put on hold. I have been working on sewing clothes, piecing quilts and lately applique on a quilt top.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-4

Wishing you all a very happy 4th of July!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-4

You, too, Suze.

We are having a very lazy day.  It was going to be REALLY lazy .. in that I was still in my jammies as of early afternoon .. but Mr. Pirate said that our favorite DD#3 was joining us for BBQd burgers, etc at 6pm.  That, itself, is fine .. she is family, after all.  But then, he suggests that we invite his older brother over also.  Now THAT means that I absolutely have to get dressed.  Drats.

Furthermore, it's not like we never see him ...  we have this brother over here for dinner once a week, as a way to keep the brothers connected.  They are the last 2 of 5 brothers.  The brother that was between them (in age) died unexpectedly last year ... so Mr. Pirate and his older brother are taking extra pains to keep in touch.

I enjoy this brother's company.  He's amusing and comes up with some interesting takes on topics.  But .. dang.  I gotta get dressed.   The sacrifices we make for family. :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

But .. dang.  I gotta get dressed.   The sacrifices we make for family. :-)

I know what you mean.  My boobs would slap them in the face.  Haha! 

nylaagain

Jul-5

The only thing that hurt was the brow lift for about a week. The lids were fine. Definitely see corners better.