Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1415580 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-4

You, too, Suze.

We are having a very lazy day.  It was going to be REALLY lazy .. in that I was still in my jammies as of early afternoon .. but Mr. Pirate said that our favorite DD#3 was joining us for BBQd burgers, etc at 6pm.  That, itself, is fine .. she is family, after all.  But then, he suggests that we invite his older brother over also.  Now THAT means that I absolutely have to get dressed.  Drats.

Furthermore, it's not like we never see him ...  we have this brother over here for dinner once a week, as a way to keep the brothers connected.  They are the last 2 of 5 brothers.  The brother that was between them (in age) died unexpectedly last year ... so Mr. Pirate and his older brother are taking extra pains to keep in touch.

I enjoy this brother's company.  He's amusing and comes up with some interesting takes on topics.  But .. dang.  I gotta get dressed.   The sacrifices we make for family. :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

But .. dang.  I gotta get dressed.   The sacrifices we make for family. :-)

I know what you mean.  My boobs would slap them in the face.  Haha! 

nylaagain

Jul-5

The only thing that hurt was the brow lift for about a week. The lids were fine. Definitely see corners better.

nylaagain

Jul-5

I didn’t do lower lids for that reason. Still have bags.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-5

we had a really, really lazy day...

I made barbecue wings in the air-fryer, picnic salad and pineapple ice cream...all yummo..and ...all gone...

Watched the civilly disobedient members of our local housing tract and the next tract over fire off thousands of dollars of fireworks - some very nice  and colorful aerials....they must have all gone either to Tijuana or Pahrump Nevada  - we took a driving trip up there a couple of weeks ago and the fireworks shops were packed to the gills...if you have a Nevada DL, you can't buy fireworks in Nevada...so all those customers had to come from California...

They cancelled all the big shows around us...there is one usually on Mt Rubidoux where everyone takes bets on how long it takes to catch the mountain on fire - it happens every year...well, I guess not THIS year...there are still booms going on and its getting towards midnight.

lppenguins

Jul-5

Oh wow, well Colorado is so beautiful that’s great you get to go back. 

lppenguins

Jul-5

Ahhh I’m going to have to do it eventually as the lids already drop over but...

lppenguins

Jul-5

In Az. Everything’s dried out. Everything, but everyone sells fireworks, even grocery stores. The big shows were all cancelled of course so people were shooting them off in the residential streets all over the city for like 3 days. Oh and some guns too
money of our people on next door asked “where can I call to report illegal fireworks?” Thankfully everyone just ignored it, not 1 answer! whew
people on that site can get crazy  
but a very beautiful 4th, just us and our grown kiddos hanging out  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

Have you heard of the author, J. A. Jance?  She has a series of books based on both of those characters and another Sheriff Joanna Brady.   I enjoy them all.