Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1477926 views.
lppenguins

Jul-5

In Az. Everything’s dried out. Everything, but everyone sells fireworks, even grocery stores. The big shows were all cancelled of course so people were shooting them off in the residential streets all over the city for like 3 days. Oh and some guns too
money of our people on next door asked “where can I call to report illegal fireworks?” Thankfully everyone just ignored it, not 1 answer! whew
people on that site can get crazy  
but a very beautiful 4th, just us and our grown kiddos hanging out  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

Have you heard of the author, J. A. Jance?  She has a series of books based on both of those characters and another Sheriff Joanna Brady.   I enjoy them all.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

long suffering

just intermittently.relaxed

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

He is all set to start the job he has been waiting for!

Glad to hear that Mark got a job he wanted. I know you both enjoy Colorado.  How far is Centennial from his brother's?   Maybe you can find a place for your RV closer to his work.  You do have an ideal situation for your long arm now though.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

We miss you!  Probably can't visit this year since your state would quarantine us for 2 weeks!  Will also miss a September wedding in NY for the same reason.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

bornblesse2 said:

Mel graciously gave Cathy a couple of quilt tops to finish for charity

I am half way done with binding the other.  I have to do the binding the "old fashioned way" because there was not enough fabric otherwise.  I will post a picture of it as soon as I finish it.  Carrie practiced some custom work with this one.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

I have not been here for about a week or more.  No excuses.  Trying to clean out the last bedroom of boxes so it can actually be a bedroom.  It's going slowly.  We have a couple more boxes to go to donation.  We are officially hot here in AZ.  110, 111 degrees.  Can't spend much time outside now.  

Last Friday Carrie and I drove up near Show Low to bring down a load of boxes for the sisters, Judy and Nancy.  They have sold their house up there and will be staying at Nancy's smaller house down here while they look for another bigger house.   The drive takes us through the area of devastation from the Bush fire that burned almost 200,000 acres.  It is burned down to the dirt, all black.  So sad.  Hundreds of old cacti with many arms are now gone.  On 6/13 on our way home from quilt camp we saw the start from a car along side the road that had caught fire.   The forest service was already on site.  It sure got away from them.  The dry desert and the winds.

Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July.  We did   Kids over, barbecued ribs and hamburgers.  Played a game in the back yard and then Connor spent the night and did some exploring with Bob's telescope.

I finished the top for a baby quilt.  Carrie is quilting it.  Baby was born July 2 so I have the info I like to put on the label.  Then I will get it in the mail.  I'm late to the Shout for Joy mystery quilt and have sewed up step 2's string blocks and need to trim them and move on the step 3.  Next big project is Grace's t-shirt quilt.  I'm looking forward to that.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jul-6

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I’ve worked with J A Jance’s daughter for many years. She currently works for my husband.

tuckyquilter

Jul-6

I have taken the train for years from CA to KS and OH.  I get a small sleeper and it's not all that much more.  PLUS you get ALL your meals free.  Better yet, you can even have them delivered to your compartment.  I do recommend an upper level one though as the sound of the rails on the lower level is louder.  I don't get the one with a toilet in room.  They call them "Roomettes" Way better than a seat and all the noise of other passengers.