Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1414636 views.

Anyone hear of "The Exercise Coach"? It's a new style gym here, saying they can do 20 min 2x/day and help you reach your goals. Curious.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-7

Misha (MISHAMISHA) said:

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I’ve worked with J A Jance’s daughter for many years

I really enjoy her books!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-7

KSCarolyn said:

I'm still staying pretty much at home just reading and sewing

So where are your posts about what you are reading and pictures of your projects.  We will miss our visit this year.disappointed

LABFIEND

Jul-8

II just finished another Jance book!  Have to thank Cathy for telling me about them!!

KSCarolyn

Jul-8

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

So where are your posts about what you are reading and pictures of your projects.  We will miss our visit this year.

I've been sewing masks and am working on a quilt for my step granddaughter, Courtney.  She recently bought a house and it is a house warming gift for her, Kingsize log cabin.  I'm too embarrassed to tell you what I've been reading.  I have always been a biography or autobiography book lover but since this plague has started I have started reading trashy romance books.  Gary has been gone 6 years today and I have been alone so that might be the reason.  LOL

Carolyn

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-8

KSCarolyn said:

I've been sewing masks and am working on a quilt for my step granddaughter, Courtney. 

A king-sized quilt is a huge undertaking.  Did she get to choose the colors?  What colors are you making it?  So many choices of ways to put it together.  Glad you have a project.

About your reading choices...............Why not?  Whatever takes you away from the boredom of avoiding the virus.

KSCarolyn

Jul-8

Pink is her favorite color so I'm doing a pink and white log cabin with a green/pink floral for the center.  Not my favorite but I hope she likes it.  The pink "logs" are light pink expanding out to dark pink.  She did pick the pink.

Carolyn

lppenguins

Jul-9

That sounds beautiful. Sometimes you need to read books that take your mind away from the day, fun and exciting.

Mishii

Jul-9

KSCarolyn said:

I'm too embarrassed to tell you what I've been reading. 

Kindle asks me all the time if I would like to post my current read on GoodReads.  Ummm, no...I don't want people to know I'm reading books about witch detectives.  Sheesh

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-10

You shades of pink log cabin quilt is sure to be a beauty and hit with the new home owner.  But King size is a huge quilt to sew.  Looking forward to a picture.