Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1454923 views.
KSCarolyn

Jul-13

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.  I don't have it but just exposed.  I was at my Jason's house on the 5th and today his father in law has been diagnosed with the virus.  We were at the same table eating 4th of July leftovers. I will self-quarantine myself until I'm sure I'm not a danger to anyone else.

Carolyn

• Edited July 13, 2020 11:11 pm  by  KSCarolyn
bornblesse2

Jul-13

Oh, shoot, Carolyn!

that is the problem with this doggone virus!   My Evan was exposed also, but he didn’t get it.  He did get a sore throat, but  we don’t think it was the virus.   But we all went on quarantine.

we have totally shut in two times now!   Just keep yourself hydrated, rested, and try not to worry.  Prayers!

KSCarolyn

Jul-13

I haven't been around him since the 5th and he might not have been contagious then.  He didn't really get sick until today and he was running a fever of 103 when his daughter took him to the ER.  He was tested and came back positive, all in one day which I thought was pretty fast testing.  But to be on the safe side I will stay at home until the two weeks (since the 5th) are up.  I'm not going to worry about it unless I start to show symptoms.

Carolyn

bornblesse2

Jul-13

Well, I do thank you for keeping yourself in until things are safe.   We need more people to do that.

how are the cases in your area?  My sister got more masks from me because Sedgwick county is now requiring them.   

KSCarolyn

Jul-13

The number of cases has taken a sharp upturn.

Carolyn

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-14

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.  I don't have it but just exposed.

Oh, no! I pray that you don't actually have it.

LABFIEND

Jul-14

Ack, bummer!  Hope your quarantine goes well and uneventful.

Aunt Margaret's buddies is bugging me to bring them more fabric.  I am trying to figure out a way to go up and back without exposing anyone! Probably in Aug or Sept. Still working on a pickup load, but am getting close!

Stay safe!!

KSCarolyn

Jul-14

I'm pretty sure I won't get it because I don't think he was sick at the time and we were sitting more than 6 feet apart the whole time.  A week has gone by so if I don't get sick in the next week I probably dodged a bullet.

Carolyn

KSCarolyn said:

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.

Carolyn I am so sorry. I have been trying to go out as little as possible myself again because this monster just keeps growing again. I am so over this and just want to go out and enjoy the world again! I do hope that Jason's FIL will recover well and quickly, do let us know.

Midkid5

Jul-14

Sorry so you might have been exposed.

THEORY ONLY....read an article by a U.K. Doctor or scientist and he had a theory that gargling with mouth wash might help slow the spread....virus attaches to saliva gland cells to enter body.....mouthwash contains xyz.  

So i put mouthwash in my bath that I wash up in after being out.

Jo