Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1456225 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-17

I finally finished binding one of the quilts from a top you gave me in Feb.  You made the top.  Carrie quilted it.  I put on the binding.  Teamwork!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

KSCarolyn said...

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.  I don't have it but just exposed.  I was at my Jason's house on the 5th and today his father in law has been diagnosed with the virus.  We were at the same table eating 4th of July leftovers. I will self-quarantine myself until I'm sure I'm not a danger to anyone else.

Oh (((Carolyn)))  I'm so sorry.  Be careful and thanks for taking no chances.  Thanks for being responsible.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

KSCarolyn said...

I'm pretty sure I won't get it because I don't think he was sick at the time and we were sitting more than 6 feet apart the whole time.  A week has gone by so if I don't get sick in the next week I probably dodged a bullet.

Carolyn

Bless you my dear!

Oh, Cathy, that looks amazing!!! She did a lovely job on quilting, and you of course did a great binding! Quilts are definitely always prettier complete. LOL!!! 

Cathy your quilt is so fun and colorful........love it!

Oh my Cathy, that is beautiful. Carrie’s quilting is awesome!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-20

Glad you like the finish.  Thanks for the donation.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-21

That donation quilt is lovely!  Great teamwork everyone.  

lppenguins

Jul-21

Just saw this, lol nah no more cats!

my darned notices are gone again. I don’t get an email to notify me when I get a note from anyone. I’ll go check my settings again. 
I got my results for my COVID-19 test, I do not have it.

so I am ok’d to have my hand surgery tomorrow. They’re doing my right hand this time. I’ve waited as long as I could but the thumb joint is gone too - it left with Arthur
so I guess I’ll have a wedgie for another 8 weeks.  Lol when you’ve got one hand, your pants are always higher on one side.

silver lining — yesterday on Let Go I purchased an entire quilt room of furniture (white)!

sewing table, extension, small 3 drawer cabinet, large 4 drawer cabinet, two 1 drawer cabinets and 1 cubby. Along with the storage cabinet with 5 wide shallow drawers and 1 deep drawer on bottom. There was also a shelving unit for the closet, but she kept it, and 3 more little cubbies, but her uncle dropped them and they all broke. Boo, but she did take $ off for those pieces. . I’ll send photos when I get it all in here. 
whew lots to share

lppenguins

Jul-21

I got a new stove and a new dishwasher this year and I don’t know how but they’re coming in through one of them. I got the stove out of the “anti-tip” bracket they put on the floor and saw a couple behind it. And they’re definitely in the cabinet between the two. Not a bit under the sink though and all sealed. (?)

another silver lining — they were not in my fabric or wool! Happy dance, except I’m to tired to dance. So many little ads of laundry, ironing and folding and packing away. In 27 gal tubs. 
I need a few weeks of not using my hands. Lol they’re revolting against me.