Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1458324 views.

Ok, be safe! <3 Thx for letting us know so we didn't worry!

viola (sissly4)

Aug-6

I have scoliosis in my chest I know when I was diagnosed I said scoliosis is down in your lower back and this lady said no you can have it all over your body so I looked it up and sure enough she was right so whenever it's real hot is when it bothers me and when it's really cold is when it bothers me apparently my chest caves in and that's why it is hard for me to breathe and hurts

Mishii

Aug-6

bornblesse2 said:

I won’t mention what ungodly hour we get to go.....I know it would wilt you!

She would be fine.  It would just be her pre bedtime walk vs your early morning walk!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-6

bornblesse2 said: I won’t mention what ungodly hour we get to go.....I know it would wilt you!

Mishii said:  She would be fine.  It would just be her pre bedtime walk vs your early morning walk!

Sharon has it about right.   You take 4am walks?  :-)

I'm sorry. I didn't know that. I hope you feel better real soon.

4 a.m. walks?  When I was fitness walking in the Summer (North Texas), I would leave the house at 5:00 a.m. (as that is the coolest it would be all day) and by the time I had made my circuit, it was about 7:00 - 7:30 a.m.  So, that sounds about right for AZ.  

Mishii, I keep forgetting to come post that the mask strips arrived--thank you! They do take pressure off the back of my ears, so I'm very thankful!

KSCarolyn

Aug-7

LABFIEND said:

Probably go up and back in one day, ugh!

Hey! Since you have been staying socially distant and so have I, I think we are both safe so if you want to stay overnight here you would be welcome.  Breanna didn't get to pick her diploma up until last week, she wanted a limited celebration.  I rented the shelter at our beautiful little park and everyone brought their own lawn chair and we sat 6 feet away from each other and had a great visit.  There was food but it was the kind you put in a child's lunchbox.  The little packages of chips and packages of cheese and nuts, etc.  Breanna and her Mother made little ham and cheese sliders on Hawaiian Dinner Rolls with impeccably clean hands and packed each one in a zip lock bag.  There were lots of hand sanitizers sitting around.  She wanted balloons and cookies from Connie's Cookies a great little bakery in Wichita.  She put each cookie in its own zip lock bag.  It was not a huge crowd and I felt perfectly safe and it was a great day with temps in the cool 80's which in August in Kansas is unheard of.  Jason and his family are all well and went back to work a couple of weeks ago.  I think if they hadn't been tested for the virus they wouldn't have known they had it.  I stayed away from them until I was sure they were no longer contagious.  

Carolyn

bornblesse2

Aug-7

Just a little later than that....Rick heads out before 6.  I go just about 6 or so.

Made it to Colorado and the RV. Car unpacked and I am worn out. The air conditioner on the car broke and it got up to 98......had to open the windows halfway there.