Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1458482 views.
KSCarolyn

Aug-7

LABFIEND said:

Probably go up and back in one day, ugh!

Hey! Since you have been staying socially distant and so have I, I think we are both safe so if you want to stay overnight here you would be welcome.  Breanna didn't get to pick her diploma up until last week, she wanted a limited celebration.  I rented the shelter at our beautiful little park and everyone brought their own lawn chair and we sat 6 feet away from each other and had a great visit.  There was food but it was the kind you put in a child's lunchbox.  The little packages of chips and packages of cheese and nuts, etc.  Breanna and her Mother made little ham and cheese sliders on Hawaiian Dinner Rolls with impeccably clean hands and packed each one in a zip lock bag.  There were lots of hand sanitizers sitting around.  She wanted balloons and cookies from Connie's Cookies a great little bakery in Wichita.  She put each cookie in its own zip lock bag.  It was not a huge crowd and I felt perfectly safe and it was a great day with temps in the cool 80's which in August in Kansas is unheard of.  Jason and his family are all well and went back to work a couple of weeks ago.  I think if they hadn't been tested for the virus they wouldn't have known they had it.  I stayed away from them until I was sure they were no longer contagious.  

Carolyn

bornblesse2

Aug-7

Just a little later than that....Rick heads out before 6.  I go just about 6 or so.

Made it to Colorado and the RV. Car unpacked and I am worn out. The air conditioner on the car broke and it got up to 98......had to open the windows halfway there.

LABFIEND

Aug-7

KSCarolyn said:

Hey! Since you have been staying socially distant and so have I, I think we are both safe so if you want to stay overnight here you would be welcome.  

I think we can work something out, I am thinking the week of the 17th or 24th, have to check with my Kansas bunch.  I am not sure if they will want me to stay over with them, but i could drive up, unload, say hi and come to your house!  I am pretty sure I have a pretty full pickup full!!

KSCarolyn

Aug-7

I have a doctor's appointment on the 19th but the 17th or 24th works for me.  I still have a bunch of stuff in my garage from Trudy that has been waiting since last year.  

LABFIEND

Aug-7

KSCarolyn said:

I still have a bunch of stuff in my garage from Trudy that has been waiting since last year.  

Is it stuff to go to Aunt Margaret or stuff for me to take home?

Oh, no! No air in this weather is killer! :( Glad you're home safely! I'll try to give you a call after work  :P 

KSCarolyn

Aug-8

I can't remember what is in the bags and neither can she.   I'll go out there later today and will let you know.

Carolyn

LABFIEND

Aug-8

Don't worry about it!  It's too hot to do much, I can always use it to seed the next load.  I think the 17th is the day, have to check and see if my cousins will be there, for a wave from the porch!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-14

Thanks, Viola.  We are home now.  We have her moving forward.  She was so overwhelmed she was paralyzed.  I'm still talking to her daily.