Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1514292 views.
viola (sissly4)

Aug-22

No I have not move my machine.I just quit when it is to hot.I am not in a hurry  now because nothing is open.So I just take my time and try to relax. I am by my self and can do what ever I want to.My dad had a stroke this past wed.His speech is affected.Can home yesterday.My sister is staying with him for the time being.Then will decided what they are going to do with him.Hope he will make his 95th birthday 26th Sept.I am planning on to go to see my son Nathan on  Labor day week end.His birthday is the 5th.Will be 50.Then Sunday Nathan and his wife Toni and I go to IL to see my dad.It is 4/2 hr drive from TN where Nathan live.Then come back Monday labor day to TN. Then head back to AZ tues.That is the plan.But lot's can happen between not and than.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Aug-22

Oh my goodness Laura, so sorry you were having so much pain with your hand.  I'm glad they figured it out and you now have the brace which has alleviated some of your pain.  :) Ugh!  I hope it heals up soon!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-23

My goodness (((((( Laura ))))))!  You really have been through the wringer on this hand.  I'm so very sorry and will be praying you have a rapid and pain free recovery from here.  You'll get back to doing things you enjoy in time but for now enjoy having others help you!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-23

Oh ((( Viola ))) I am sorry about your Dad.  How wonderful you already have a trip to see your son and then go go visit your Dad.  Now take care of you in this heat!

Viola I am sorry about your dad. Prayers for you and your family.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-23

Does this seem to be a likely source of inspiration for some fabric that many of us have at least a piece of?  ;-)

Personally, I adore the throw pillow I made from my piece.  I couldn't bear to chop it into smaller pieces ... why, that would destroy the fabulousness of the image.  OTOH, my son in law turns the pillow over so the back side shows when you see it on the living room couch.  Honestly, I'm crushed.  I thought he had a superior sense of style.

I came across my uncut piece during my quartenten in New Mexico and showed it to my DH. Ya should have seen the look on his face.

Sorry to hear about your dad! (((HUGS)))

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-24

yanno..you probably need to make him his own item with the freaky fish...

lppenguins

Aug-24

I’m holding out for the rain and a beautiful rainbow