Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1481678 views.
Mishii

Sep-18

Who knew there were so many inspiring videos?

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-20

LABFIEND said...

One of the quilt guild members just gave me a tote of wool samples.  I was excited till I saw most of them are like pant or suit material. 

Oh...  yes, those usually don't wash and "felt" well in my experience.  Let me knows how it goes for you.  I have a bit of that from earlier days when I read it was fine to use.  I now steer clear of those worsted wool suiting fabrics. But in large enough pieces perhaps they would work well for large patched quilts.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-20

LABFIEND said...

I think the wool samples. I may do a small lap quilt and wash it to see what happens

That sounds like a good and quick experiment!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

I saw on FB that you made it happen.  They looked happy with your quilt.  It's the one you started at the retreat, isn't it?  I saw it in pieces on the design wall.  A beauty!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

LABFIEND said:

Take care of yourself too!

You sound like Bob.  It's getting worse as he gets closer to the end.  May be making another trip up there later this week.  Too much to type here.  Talking to hospice social worker today and RN tomorrow.  Then I will decide.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Tell me that isn't fabric!!!

Well, not yet it isn't.  There's always Spoonflower, ya know.   Don't you think it would make a stunning companion to the grinning puffer fish fabric?

I made a throw pillow out of mine and it sits proudly in my living room.  Although I must say that whenever my son-in-law came to visit, he'd always turn the pillow over.  I just don't understand it.  :-)

LABFIEND

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

That sounds like a good and quick experiment!  

That's what I thought!  The pieces are mostly 5 x 5 or so,  a quick square block lap quilt, if they will wash, I could make lap quilts for dialysis patients.   Will have to experiment with what to back it with, to match any shrinkage, at worst, I will have dog beds!!

LABFIEND

Sep-21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

You sound like Bob. 

Is that bad or good!!?  But you know the caregiver is in danger of wearing themselves down ang getting sick also.  You are no spring chicken!! (running and ducking!)  So you need to take care of yourself so you can be there for your family.  I know there is no good outcome, but hope things go as smoothly as possible.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

David is really looking forward to going to Ft. Collins. 

You realize mentioning a shooting rage guarantees a visit from Bob, don't you.  What David is going to appreciate is called FREEDOM.