Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1481699 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Oh my!  I even counted 15 plastic containers of various sizes with wool!!!

That is why I won't go into embroidery or wool or some other hobbies.  I would need a room for each.

Ohhhh...  I wish you had been sitting on my side of the room at the retreat a few years ago when Patty and Colene talked me into getting into wool repurposing wool garments.  You could have given me the Evil Eye and caused me to pause!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Fortunately Spoonflower is expensive and you would have to really love it to spend the money.

Shelley would DO it just to get to people!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

a shooting rage

Your eyes were fully awake before noon!  Good catch.

Thanks Cathy. It was often frustrating but fun to make just the same. And, I think my friend Anna quite liked it. Carolyn 

PS: I don't remember how to quote a persons remark when I am answering to it. Can you tell me how. Thanks

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said... Fortunately Spoonflower is expensive and you would have to really love it to spend the money.

Judy (DJZMOM) said: Shelley would DO it just to get to people!  

Now, waitaminite here ... I think I'm being stereotyped.    Just think of the damage to my reputation.  :-)

...They looked happy with your quilt.  It's the one you started at the retreat, isn't it?  I saw it in pieces on the design wall.  

Thanks Cathy  It was at times frustrating and yet fun to make. And, I think my friend Anna was quite pleased with it. Carolyn 

PS: I don't remember how when replying to someone's remark to pull a quote into my reply so I can clarify which remark I'm responding to. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-21

AZSnowbird (clglassdol) said:

PS: I don't remember how to quote a persons remark when I am answering to it. Can you tell me how. Thanks

You can quote by 1. hitting the reply button and getting the box to type your comments.  then 2. look back at the original post, *highlight* the part (or whole) that you want to quote and click on the quote marks on the top bar.   This is the technique that I used for this reply.

OR .. second method  (I think this works and if it doesn't I'll come back here and remove it :-)  )  is to highlight what you want to quote **in the original post** and THEN click on the reply box.   The quote should show up in your reply area.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-21

AZSnowbird (clglassdol) said:

PS: I don't remember how when replying to someone's remark to pull a quote into my reply so I can clarify which remark I'm responding to. 

YUP!!!  the 2nd method works also ... in the original post, highlight what you want to quote and then click on the reply box.  The highlighted area will show up in your reply area.   That's what I did for this comment.

Now it seems that those ugly blobfish are getting new attention in the fabric department.  I must say, they are much cuter on fabric than they are in or out of the water.  Check this out on Spoonflower - large frowny blobfish - hah!  :

https://www.spoonflower.com/en/fabric/8200407-large-frowny-blobfish-by-landpenguin 

Just google blob fish and look at the images.  That is supposed to be the ugliest fish ever.  Now they are making cute little toys, Christmas ornaments, etc., but it looks very sad, even when made into a "plushie."  LOL