Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1477934 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-21

Re: the blob fish fabric ..... well, I can't say that it's even adorably ugly.   Just kinda .. ugly.   I don't think even I would make a throw pillow out of it.  :-)

LABFIEND

Sep-21

The puffer fish have them beat by a mile!!

I am kinda surprised that the general public has adopted the ugly blob fish as a kind of pop culture "totem."  But weird things on the Internet can go viral without regard to any redeeming social (or artistic) value.  But as has been said before, nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste (or intelligence) of the American people.  Hah!  

With regard to a subject tangentially related to "MY" ugly fish -- check out this VERY odd video of a puffer fish appearing to eat a carrot and making very weird fishy sounds.  WARNING:  It appears to be an Asian chef feeding the carrot to the fish (I don't think the fish is eating it -- just BITING it -- and the fish gets dispatched a swift crack on the skull at the very end of the whole thing.  It's just weird.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axiGV09C85A 

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Sep-21

Those are actually very cute!

Cris in MT

LOL -- At least the fabric with the little ones is kinda cute, because the real ones are freakin' ugly!  A lot of people might not even know what the little things one the fabric are.  haha  I guess some people think "so ugly, it's cute."  It's weird that people have made so many toys, pillows, etc. of them.  I even saw some of those huge plush house slippers in pink to look like them.  Oy!  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

You completely understand the process and that is helpful intellectually

Talked to the social worker in a meeting with his caregivers and the alone after.  We have a plan.  I still need to go again but hope to wait for the weekend.  I am selfish and sad that he will be gone.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

we may have to ask Bob and his favorite quilter to come to consult and approve first!

He would be happy to consult, I'm sure.  blush

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I'm sure you and Bob are a balm.

Not so sure about Bob.  He wants me to kick them out.  (because he doesn't want them to stress me.)  That's not me.  I try to be the peacemaker and meet everyone's needs.  An impossible task at times.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Shelley would DO it just to get to people!  

You may be right.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

a shooting rage

OOps!! that was a slip.