Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1483006 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

lppenguins said...

Oooh can you share ones w/no copyright?

Most of the free wool patterns I've collected online have been from BOM series that shop/designer will do for a year.  Be sure to join the FB groups about working with wool.  Some names are "Wool Appique" and "Wool and Cotton Applique".  Just put "Wool" in the FB search box and a number pop up.  These two groups are the largest.  Most often the year long Sew-a-Longs are announced there.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

lppenguins said...

But you can politely yet sharply request they get along or move along. 

That's a good quote I need to remember!  I hope I don't need it for my "studying virtual" at home college student!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

What a delightful baby shower that looks to have been!  You and your daughter are just lovely.  I'm sure she received all sort of goodies for the baby and is enjoying nesting and getting everything into place and ready.  I's sooooo very happy for you all!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

the problem is that the last vertical row of HST's on the left was added with the points out instead of in.  If I take that row out, I would have to remove the border , then flip that row and reapply the border and the ends of the horizontal row.

Yeah...  I still say leave it be and I agree with Patty "once it is quilted noone will notice".  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

judyinohio said...

I noticed what the left side's problem was and I mulled the concept of 2020 being such a cockamamie year. Consider that the first two months of 2020 were "normal" and the rest of the year has become ... ahem ... whopperjawed.

I would say that your 2020 quilt has the same proportions.

Precisely! 

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said...

Think about this -- turn that photo 1/4 turn clockwise, and now the quilt looks symmetrical, horizontally speaking.  In this photo it looks square, and if so, no problem.  Just turn it!  

Everything can be positive in life...  just look at it from a different angle.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-23

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said...

Can I ask where you found the photocopy freezer paper?

I just googled for it and I think it was at an office supply type supplier.  Not what I expected.  Let me look back in my receipts file to see if I have the name.

Just found out that my washer is kaput.  I'm off to see the Wizard about getting a new one.  

LABFIEND

Sep-23

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Just found out that my washer is kaput.  I'm off to see the Wizard about getting a new one.  

Bummer, good luck finding a new one!!

karensquilte

Sep-23

Beautiful decorations. lovely shower.  Know your daughter had to be so proud of you and wishing her the very best of everything.