Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1515578 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Oct-1

Great idea, Shelley.  I'll save it for that.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Oct-2

Had lunch with Carrie Boyles, Donna Mcuire and Sally Hauser(Chris" sister-in-law)  today.  So nice to see them and catch up.  

Also talked to Nancy Sears and her sister, Judy.  They sold their house in Show Low and have been living in Nancy's little house down here in Sun Lakes.  They just found the house they want down here and should close the sale Oct. 27.  Hope it goes smoothly for them.

Oh, how fun! I miss that people don't go this far when traveling, so I don't get lunches/dinners with people. Glad to hear everyone is doing well :) 

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Oct-3

Looks like the forum is a little odd today… But Dee regarding your question about Altoid tins… I have used one for a long time as a mini sewing kit. I have a magnet on the inside for needles. I sewed a couple of felt squares together (wool would make even better sense) and blanket stitched the edges closed. Filled it with cotton balls. Makes a great miniature pin cushion. I also put a tiny seam ripper in there, and stuck some Thimble stickers to the inside of the lid. We’ve also gotten some really tiny scissors before in our goodie bags at retreat and so I have a pair in there as well. I’ve also been known to throw in a few safety pins. I also made a mini sewing kit for the glove box of my car. To that one I’ve also added things like a tiny tube of super glue, some random buttons and a couple of bobbins with different colored thread. If you don’t want to waste the bobbins, you can also just wrap thread around a square piece of cardboard. Or if you’ve done Crosstitch, those little precut dohickeys work excellent.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Oct-3

Carolyn, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been sick! How are you feeling now? Are things starting to improve?

KSCarolyn

Oct-3

I'm feeling a little better, guess I will live.  Just to be on the safe side my doctor had me take another COVID test to make sure I didn't get a false negative last Monday.  I took the test again on Friday and it came back negative.  Just a hell of a cold.  I'm not coughing as much as I was so I think I'm on the mend.  The crazy thing is I have lost my hearing in my left ear.  At one time both ears were plugged up but now it is just the left ear.  I can stand in front of the microwave and not hear it running.  I have an appointment to see my doctor on Monday, even though I'm feeling better I'm concerned about my hearing loss.  I'm sick and tired of being sick.  This has been going on since the 16th of Sept.

Carolyn

((((((((Carolyn)))))))) hope you start feeling better very soon. I will pray for you. Very good it is not covid, but even the cold can make you feel icky. 

viola (sissly4)

Oct-4

Carolyn I hope you're feeling better today it must be awful to lose your hearing and not hear what's going on around you and I hope the doctor can give you a solution to repair it so that you can hear I'll be praying for you my dad had for the last 2 days I pretty bad days but this morning he feels a little bit better he just has a lot of pressure in his head

Midkid5

Oct-4

Oh, I do hope it is not "sudden total hearing loss".  I know what you are saying,.

Jo

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Oct-4

Good for you, I bet if feels good to get everything organized. Looking forward to seeing the photo's.  I recently went through a lot of my magazines and purged some of them.  I still have too many, but that was a good start.