Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1570921 views.
KSCarolyn

Oct-7

80% of people who test positive for COVID have mild symptoms.  Hope you fall in that range.  My whole family (Son, DIL, two twenty-year-olds, and a visiting cousin from California) all tested positive and had very mild symptoms.  If they hadn't been tested, because they had been exposed, I don't think they would have known they had it.   That is what is so bad about this virus, you can be spreading germs without even knowing you are sick.  That's why it is important to wear your mask in public.

Carolyn

Yes, I thought it was a chest cold or so. It's taking quite a while and exhausting me. Hopefully it goes away soon :) And yes, I wear my mask always when out of the house.

So sorry.  Well, you are young and strong and hopefully that will help you recover quickly.  Assume you now have to stay home from work until you are fully recovered from symptoms and test clear?  Take care.  

those of you working in health care are exposed so often.  I've been honestly surprised my daugher never seemed to have gotten it.  No symptoms before the testing began, and never tested positive once the testing was routine.  Our youth minister had it recently, said the tiredness was the worst for her, she's used to going 90 to nothing all the time (kind of like you grinning), sounded a bit like when I was recovering from pneumonia, got sick very fast but the recovery took weeks.

viola (sissly4)

Oct-7

Oh my now you going to stay home for a couple weeks I'm sorry to hear that you haven't you have to be very careful that's why I'm not going and visiting I'm staying right here with my dad I will be leaving today in a week I'm starting to count because I'm getting very bored I miss my friends and I miss my sewing machine

Midkid5

Oct-7

My nephew had it and his wife never got it.  She is routinely tested as she is a social worker crossing county lines.  

Jo

Yep, can't start the new job till 10 days after this started, provided I have no symptoms and have been fever free 24 hours without aid of Tylenol or anything.

Yes, I'm staying home. The good news is I'm stuck at my own house, so there's always plenty to do! :) You take care of yourself! <3

So sorry.  Truth is, like Carolyn said most people recover just fine. Just try to rest and get better.

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

Truth is, like Carolyn said most people recover just fine. Just try to rest and get better.

I took care of SO many who passed away from COVID...maybe 30 or so. I did have about 4 who survived. Of course this is nursing home setting, and I'm 44 yo. We had a couple staff members who survived. :D 

However, I gotta say that I don't at all feel like Im dying. I just feel sapped of energy. I still have congestion, cough, stuffiness...but it still feels like a cold. I just ask for prayers to get back to normal soon. I'll not make a very effective nurse with no energy! And I start a new job Monday if I've no fever :D