Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 2045327 views.
bornblesse2

10/11/20

Viola,

I was gifted a fellow church gals yarn, fabric, and crafts.

when you get back, I have a tub of patterns and fabric pieces that might be of interest to you if you still sew clothes.  I’m fairly sure that some of it may not work for you...but you have more magic with the children’s clothing.  There is some clothing already cut out, and an interesting piece of a skirt - I think it was cut off something?  But you might be able to create a little girls skirt?  It is pretty.....but i thought I’d let you make those calls.

the yarn is sorted and ready to be delivered to its recipient this afternoon.  The scrappy unusable (of which there was a lot) is bagged for Carries dog bed lady.  
and one tub of usable quilt fabric, one small block quilt top sewn and part of one pinned.  Oh, and a bag of small fabric to see if squares can be cut from them.

im glad the sorting is done.

latterberry

10/11/20

Thanks for the info.  I did not know that!

judyinohio

10/11/20

What a crippling blow to their local economy.

Mishii

10/11/20

Ahh thanks Linda.  Work is very busy right now.  I replied to your email in my typical fashion.....that means it is about 10x longer than you probably wanted.

Hope everyone is good out there!

• Edited October 11, 2020 6:53 pm  by  Mishii
LABFIEND

10/11/20

Ellen:  do yu have backs for charity quilts if i send you some tops? I'm not saying right away, but it is on my bucket list to sew some tops!  Trying to sew down my stash-haha!!

bornblesse2

10/11/20

YES Patti I have backings or will piece a couple pieces together to make backings, if you make tops.  

several of you were happy sewing charity tops at retreat.  I have more kits made at church then I have sewers for - esp some lap quilts from panels.   I will HAPPILY bring those to retreat for you to sew if you want me too!

viola (sissly4)

10/11/20

Yes I Google it this morning and I'm disappointed that Missouri Star is closed so I guess I will just go on to my next stop I I talked to Ami tonight and if she's home I might stop in there Monday at her place

viola (sissly4)

10/11/20

That will be nice Ellen. I will call you when I get in town it won't be until the end of October.

viola (sissly4)

10/11/20

When are you planning on your trip to Arkansas?

bornblesse2

10/11/20

No problem.....just wanted you to know I had some things if you can send them.