Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1519053 views.

Well if we are still planning on Monday then for sure we can eat inside somewhere in Longmont. They have rules to have lower amount of people but you can eat inside and during the week places are not as busy. 

Well when my daughters show interest in my quilts I am really all in about letting them have them. At least I know that they want them and I know they will appreciate all the work I put into them. Sarah is getting my wolf quilt sometime in the near future and that one took over 20 years to make and was 100% handwork.

LABFIEND

Oct-16

Oh man, that is a bummer.  You don't need more back problems, hope you can get this taken care of!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-16

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said...

He is doing what they call a 5 year program in accounting.  You get your undergrad & graduate degree at the same time.

That's cool but I'm sure a lot of work.  I've not heard of that kind of program before.

In Texas you have to have a graduate degree to sit for the CPA exam, only reason why he is doing that instead of 4 years.  He really liked the grad classes at the 1st of last spring, not as much busy work, more discussion.

That must be exciting for you to see him accomplishing all of this while even enjoying it!

Then the virus hit and now it's back to online and busy work, everyone sitting watching the teacher on zoom.  No discussion.  He really is getting short changed, but at this point he just wants to get the certificate & get out, get a job (fingers crossed on that one).

I hear and understand completely.  My kiddo at least tries to work with friends to get through weeklong homework assignments.  And, due to the CA to GA 3 hour time difference he has to watch classes via videos.  He does get up to do a M&W 6:30am class live.  I am a bit surprised he has continued to do that more than halfway through the semester!  

I think he'll be done in May, though there is some question if the classes he needs will be offered in the Spring.  some that he needed in the fall were not.  frustrating because the student loans in grad school start accruing interest right away.

How exciting!!!  In CA schools "impacted" has become a well known word as classes are not offered as many times or not every semester and causing college to take longer than the "old" 4 years.  The cost just adds up!  I didn't realize Grad School loans are different and begin accruing interest immediately.  Great.  That just seems wrong.

I'm pulling for C!  He'll get there but they do get so anxious when they get to that last year or so and can see the light at the end of the long tunnel and that perhaps it isn't a train!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-16

KSCarolyn said...

I got the results of my spinal x-ray from last week.  Just as I suspected, it's another compression fracture, L3.

Well bummer!  I'm so sorry.  I hope they can provide you relief quickly so you can be dancing with Denise in AZ!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-16

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

They just shut lots of stuff down again in New Mexico too but you can eat inside, just far, far apart though. All sorts of new rules this week. 

Well that's a huge bummer.  Our large county (about 50 south of San Francisco) is going orange and next week restaurants will well be able to have inside diners at 25% capacity.  

At least Colorado is much more moderate and you can still enjoy eating a meal inside. 

Yay!  We are traveling to Ft Collins next week to do the final walk through of the property and house that exists and sign on the final line.  We are looking forward to have a couple of dinners inside restaurants and not only doing take out or eating outside.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-17

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

So when she said that she really liked that particular applique top, my first reaction was ... tough sh1t, Sherlock.  You don't get nuthin' ... but immediately realized that was rather petty.   You also must know that I know I can tend to be a petty person, so part of me was rather smug about thinking of a refusal.  :-) 

You are NOT a petty person.  You call it like it is and she has said and done a few things that caused you paused and a bit of pain over the years.  Just leave her name on it and if you don't get to it then the girls can decide.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-17

Sarah is getting my wolf quilt sometime in the near future and that one took over 20 years to make and was 100% handwork.

Oh!  That quilt is a true heirloom treasure!

viola (sissly4)

Oct-17

Yes I will be sleeping at Longmont Sunday night. Then we can meet Monday morning sometime for for breakfast or brunch.

latterberry

Oct-17

I've been to that truck stop a few times and it really is something.  Almost like a small town!