Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1522507 views.
LABFIEND

Oct-26

We are getting freezing rain and there are already outages in OKC.  Our trees still have leaves on them and the ice is accumulating fast, already have branches breaking.

We went to Chickasha this morning to get groceries, on the way back we came over a hill and a big tree down all across the road.  Fortunately we got stopped and backed up to go another way.  If it had been a little more icy, we might not have gotten stopped in time!

Very dreary out here, i would rather have snow, but it is rain and ice.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-26

Meanwhile in the California San Francisco Bay Area, we have clear, blue but windy skies.

LABFIEND

Oct-26

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Meanwhile in the California San Francisco Bay Area, we have clear, blue but windy skies

Rub it in why don't ya!!

It's cold and we have a little rain here, but nothing freezing so far, I hope.  Brrrrrrr!  

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-26

It's windy as all get out here...

I am asking for prayers for safety for my parents and sister...they are close to the Silverado fire in OC...4 blocks from the mandatory evac zone...not sure what they would do if they have to evacuate - my sister would not be able to handle both of them in a shelter situation...

bornblesse2

Oct-26

Oh NOOOOO,  prayers that the fires go out!

YDritch

Oct-26

Suze:  Sorry to hear about your family being in harm's way.  Praying for the winds to stop and the rains to start.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-26

they are now a block away from the voluntary evac zone...

thanks for the prayers...

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-26

they changed it to a mandatory evac zone...

Sister is packing and one of her boys is coming up to help if Momma and Daddy have to be moved...

Hopefully you are well stocked with groceries and home safe and warm not needing to go out for anything.