Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1524031 views.
LABFIEND

Oct-27

We had just gotten groceries Monday, and have the kerosene heater ready to go.  Right now we have power, but another round is coming this way.  The trees are taking a beating.  Ice is the pits!!  Would rather have snow.

viola (sissly4)

Oct-27

Have you gone on your fall trip already?Yes I am glad to be back.I still am not rested up .It took a toll on me.I am working on my heart blocks that I got from this forum.They are all lovely. It is 54 this morning here.I see my dad  town it is 36 degree.Glad I am not there.My dad is about the same as he was when I was their.

viola (sissly4)

Oct-27

Is this not early for you guys to have this kink of weather? I know in IL where my dad is they have 36 this morning.

latterberry

Oct-27

Just take your  time and get rested up.  54 degrees sounds pretty good.  Yes, it is cold here and the sleet and gloom doesn't help.  No, I haven't gone on my trip yet.  Dh is in the busy harvest season and the older he gets the more tired he gets.  I worry about him being overworked and am just a bit leery of leaving him.  Also, after doing the DNA test, I'm all interested in working on my family genealogy.  It's taking a lot of time and I am finding all sorts of interesting stuff.  Still have a ways to go.

This morning it says 5 degrees. It is pretty cold for October as and the predict today it will get to 41 and up to 61 by next Sunday. It is Colorado and we get crazy weather. We have heaters in the 5th wheel so we stay warm inside.

LABFIEND

Oct-27

We usually don't get this like of ice storm till Nov/Dec.  This is 2020, nuff said!  It has been a weird weather year, temps going from 40's to 80's and back.  The bad thing about this, the trees haven't lost their leaves yet, so more surface area to ice up, especially the sycamores.  The sheep and horse are feed, water troughs ice chopped, I am trying to get my green tomato sauce canned before I lose power, I just want to hunker down and sew or read a book!!

yuck.  Glad we're enough south.  It's only 40 here but wet and dreary.  Daughter says it is 28 & sleeting in Abilene.  lovely.

We did get a little bit of sleet down here - but not as much as y'all did.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-27

Geeze...bad weather all around...

Glad the fires in Colorado are being helped by the snow... I heard they are not all the way out as there are some huge logs that are still smoldering - hopefully the snow keeps the flames from spreading as much.

I wish we would get some wet weather here...its supposed to be windy again today, but not as fierce as yesterday. My Sis said she packed some stuff and has her two sons ready to come help if they would need to evacuate - but so far the voluntary evacuation line has not reached their house. There were lots of big rigs that were toppled on the freeways yesterday...and a lot of Halloween decorations flew away.

Sending prayers for all affected...

This has been the oddest, strangest, awfullest year....