Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1840269 views.
AliceRosner

10/28/20

Hello

new to group and AZ

hope to figure out this forum

YDritch

10/28/20

Good morning and Welcome, Alice!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

10/28/20

Hi Alice, sorry it took me so long to approve your posts. But now that I have, you can post without delay.

We occasionally have spammers join the group and I set up these controls to make it easier to catch them in advance. But sometimes I forget they're in place and I neglect to look at the dashboard. Sorry it took a week before you could post!

bornblesse2

10/28/20

Oh my Judy!  Exhaustion!

but glad you got so much done.

viola (sissly4)

10/28/20

Hello  Alice. Welcome to the forum.Where in AZ do you live? I am in Sun City.

bornblesse2

10/28/20

Welcome Alice!  
what kind of quilting do you like to do?

i teach some quilting, but enjoy Bargellos, paperpiecing, and piecing in general!

hopefully others will chime here about themselves!

latterberry

10/28/20

We used to get ours refilled at Costco, but the one we go to doesn't do it any more. DH did find some reasonable ones on Amazon.  

I have found a lot of family history and found cousins I didn't know I had on findagrave.com.  Sometimes they leave contact information and you may be able to contact or visit with them.  I'm sure you already know about that site!  I found photos of headstones with some names and dates information too, and that's how I found some cousins, because they are the ones who posted the photos and some other birth and death dates, etc.  Of course, some stuff from findagrave.com should be verified using census and other information in the official records, but it can sure be helpful sometimes, and a good place to start.  

I am also interested in the findagrave.com feature of publishing GPS coordinates for specific gravesites.  Of course, whether that is available may depend upon the kindness of strangers.  Usually a person needs to actually be standing right at the gravesite and enter the coordinates, but I understand there are many people who are doing that now to build up the database of cemetery information.  They used to just take photos and document names and dates, but now they are also adding the GPS info.  Such a wonderful thing being done by people who are interested in documenting cemeteries.  If you ever DO get a chance to visit a distant cemetery, it should make finding a specific grave much easier.  

Wow, what an organized way to move into a new place!  My place is MUCH smaller, and I am *still* unpacking boxes and trying to find a place for everything.  Of course, you have the great advantage of two very efficient "engineers," and your family is always so organized.  Wow!  I am looking forward to seeing photos and following everything you still have to do to get moved out of your old place and into the new one.  Everything sounds great!  

I would love to have a place big enough that my whole family could live there -- not the same house, but you know, a big ranch-like area with separate residences.  How wonderful for you all.  

LABFIEND

10/28/20

Speaking of retreat, should we be getting a notice of when we can send our entries in??

I am here in Oklahoma with no power,  amazing how dark it gets with no lights!!