Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1510981 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-28

The winds have died down so they are getting a handle on the fire situation...the voluntary evacuation notices were lifted last night...the containment number is at 25% which is pretty good...

Sis has her Go Bags packed...says they will stay packed until fire season is over.

We did have one crisis... Daddy said he is NOT going anywhere...yikes...the elder of my two local nephews said he would deal with Daddy if it came down to evacuation...he and his brother would probably have to pick  Daddy up, kicking and screaming...but there is no way they would leave their Mom to stay in a fire zone...and she and Mama would not leave if Daddy were still there...

Not sure where they would have gone if they DID have to evacuate...all the shelters are full and they were recommending folks stay in their cars because of the COVID situation...not a pretty picture in any case. My younger nephew was in  one of the voluntary evacuation zones...with two sick kids and cat dying of cancer...not sure that many people would fit in the elder nephew's condo!!!

Sis says 'THANK YOU' to everyone who sent up prayers....

viola (sissly4)

Oct-28

You and I could almost be twins that's all I do is do Scrappy quilts and I donate them all for charity like I said I live in Sun City I don't know where you live but let us know and maybe we could get together glad you found us I've been here since 04 with this group

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-28

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Not sure where they would have gone if they DID have to evacuate...all the shelters are full and they were recommending folks stay in their cars because of the COVID situation.

STAY IN THEIR CARS?!?!??!!!

Colene (robicole1)

Oct-28

Oh no. I just saw about your Covid test. I hope you are doing well 

AliceRosner

Oct-29

I am in Sun City Oro Valley outside of Tucson AZ

I haven’t been to activity center yet to checkout quilting clubs. 
if you are close I have tons of scraps to share 

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-29

Yah..... With two very old, very disabled persons in wheelchairs... just thinking about that gives me the heebeejeebees....

LABFIEND said...

Speaking of retreat, should we be getting a notice of when we can send our entries in??

Totally agreed!

Colene (robicole1) said...

Oh no. I just saw about your Covid test. I hope you are doing well 

Thanks :) I'm fine now, but it was almost a month ago. The only thing that lingers is fatigue. I'm generally up later, etc. I'll take it, though! I had what I would consider mild case compared to some of my patients.

Now I'm working at the school for the deaf, and really enjoying getting to practice my ASL skills :) 

LABFIEND

Oct-29

You can kit it up for me, let me look, i think i have some pooh fabric, I'll look, right now we have no power, so not much is getting done, we at least have a generator, so run it in the morning to watch news and get hubby his coffee and toast-lol- and run the heater and fridge for a while. No internet, i add on my phone, kerosene heater in between. Ice is gone, above freezing now, but no idea when we will get power again. 37% out in grady county (us), 300,000 around OKC.  A mess!  Should have had my treadle working!!

• Edited October 29, 2020 10:08 am  by  LABFIEND
viola (sissly4)

Oct-29

Alice I live in Tucson from 04_2010.Then move to Sun City west of Phoenix.I come down quiet often to visit my friends.I am coming the 20th of Nov to pick up my serger and a class. And see one of my friends. When you get settle we will have to make a date with you and Yetta. for lunch.