Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1579037 views.

I'm glad the retreat is continuing this year inspite of covid.  Im sending in my reservation today. I hope I'm not already too late. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

Carolyn Gaupo 

I am BACK   Thank you Misha now to catch up

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-5

CRIPES!  Dionne Taylor, Denise's daughter, just posted this on Facebook: 

"I need all my prayer warriors to say a prayer for my mom she is in the hospital and will be having surgery tomorrow for blood clots in her one good leg
Dear Lord please watch over her as she goes through this tough time please save her leg "

lppenguins

Nov-5

I’m catching up here, but yay yay Judy. It is so wonderful to hear your plan is coming to fruition!  Not many I know are living their dreams. 

lppenguins

Nov-5

Wow, we are having the same issue with my mom’s Father and family. They were from Hungary, and well that’s all we know.
They came over on a boat just the 4 of them he was a child about 7-9  his sister was 10-12 and we have census records after he married my grandma but nothing on any of them when they got here, or after. Many have looked. 
(Their name was Szabo)

good luck in your search. 

lppenguins

Nov-5

Wow, how smart Misha. I wouldn’t think to do that!  
I would lose so much in a fire. I’m going to follow your lead and do the same. One thing I have done is bought little jewelry zip lock baggies at JoAnns they’re about 2x2” and I’m putting my moms, my grandmothers, jewelry in them after marking what it is and who it belonged to.

My DD asked me about a piece and I couldn’t remember! So I’m almost done with it. I don’t have hardly any family heirlooms, but I do want them to know who made which quilt, and who’s jewelry it was. 
a new project, preparations. 

lppenguins

Nov-5

Welcome to our group! We look forward to getting to know you.