Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1576829 views.
LindaPutt said:

Plus I know so little about this, just a few things I read on the internet (which they say not to do), so your prayers and also info would be greatly appreciated.

prayers going up this minute and tomorrow.

lppenguins

Nov-12

Oh my, prayers this morning for his appointment. Keep us posted.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Nov-14

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

lppenguins said: I need to get my tops on hangers where I can see them. I might get renewed enthusiasm.  If you do, think about pinning a little paper label on them with the size.  if you're looking for a specific size ("I need to do a baby quitl!  Grandkid needs a twin size!"), having that information available without needing to unfold the top is a true convenience.  It's easy enough to do before you put the top on the hanger but a real bugger to need to remove every top from the hanger just to see what size it is.  Ya know how I know it would be a convenience???  Cuz I had to unfold all the "big looking tops" to see if it was a queen size!

Fantastic Idea Shelley, I will have to remember that.  Thanks for sharing.  

LindaPutt

Nov-15

I finally got my new computer back from the Geeks who were loading software and data for me so now I can answer posts (this computer is so different than my old one and I'm not sure how to operate everything yet - went from Windows 7 to Windows 10).  

Rick's cardiologist is sending him for an angiogram to check to see if there's also blockage anywhere,  Then they can determine the best procedure for him.  It looks like everything's going to take awhile because the holidays will be involved.

Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts everyone.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-15

The computer geeks at work make fun of me because I have my work computer set to “classic“ mode. So it doesn’t look like other peoples‘ computers, it still looks like Windows did 10 or more years ago LOL

LindaPutt

Nov-17

A lot of the programs on this new computer look the same.  The email is driving me crazy though.  It's Windows Mail and I don't like it at all.  So many features that were on Windows Live Mail aren't on there - like setting up groups, knowing which emails are read, keeping items longer than 3 months (especially those in folders that were put there because I thought they were important and may want to refer to them again).  I suppose I'll eventually get used to it but am tearing my hair out at this point.

• Edited November 20, 2020 10:36 am  by  LindaPutt
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-17

Holy smokes!  You don't have the ability to keep emails older than 3 months????  

That's unacceptable and would be a deal breaker for me 

Find another email program!

KSCarolyn

Nov-18

I use Gmail, it is part of the Google family.  If you have Google on your phone you can see your emails there too.  I have both email and calendar on Google and can check both anytime on my computer, phone or Apple watch.

Carolyn

• Edited November 18, 2020 8:30 am  by  KSCarolyn
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-18

My service provider originally at was centurylink and they had the same thing, you couldn’t actually save emails long term. I never used that email address because of it. I use Yahoo and Gmail instead.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-18

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Find another email program!

Ed Zackley!