Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1579133 views.

I guess you just need to figure out the best position for yourself while quilting so you keep the pacemaker happy.

Midkid5

Nov-20

Tucker, do you have a walking foot?   I follow a pattern designer, she does almost all of her quilting a horizontal wavy line with a walking foot.  If she hadn't mentioned it you won't notice.

So get some fusible batting, baste and quilt.  Anyone who loves quilts is not going to criticize your quilting.

Jo

glad it gave you that tingle and you recognized it.  I've seen warning signs around but my dad never mentioned it being a problem when he got his.  But as a man, it probably never occurred to him to comment on it to anyone.

KSCarolyn

Nov-24

I have never felt the "tingle" and have not ever had a problem with my pacemaker.  I think pacemakers are more advanced now and less susceptible to outside stimulations.  The only thing I hated was giving up was my TENS unit for my back.  The electrical stimulation always felt so good for a sore back.

Carolyn

judyinohio

Nov-24

Carolyn, I've only had my pacemaker since the end of September so it's pretty doggoned new. I dunno, perhaps it is the defibrillator part that "tingled". It was a very odd sensation, that's for sure.

I'll check with the pacemaker implant people when I go in for my six month check-up and perhaps I'll be the first one to ever ask them about a longarm machine.  LOL

nylaagain

Nov-26

Any friend of Yetta’s is a friend of ours. Ask Yetta about our retreat. It’s rare to have openings but we love newbies.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-26

nylaagain said:

but we love newbies.

OH GOODY!   New meat .. er ... friends.  :-)

LindaPutt

Nov-27

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! 

Some good news from our family. My granddaughter, Lindzey, had her baby last night (a Thanksgiving baby!),  Lindzey had a girl – Kingsley Jayde at 8:47pm, 6 lbs. 9 oz.  They’re both doing well.  Something to be truly thankful for on this 2020 Thanksgiving.

Doing a happy dance, Linda

• Edited November 28, 2020 9:54 pm  by  LindaPutt
LABFIEND

Nov-28

Congrats!  Some good news for a change!!

Oh, congratulations, Grandma :D