Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1843751 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/26/21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Here is a photo of our delightful dinner companions. 

Thanks for the photo of your sewing set up & long lost machine, but I was referring to your son & his friends smile

It would be fun to see you but if you have a lot on your plate I know you will be back. 

bornblesse2

3/26/21

Dee, glad things are getting done and moving in the right direction for your building...even if it is slow.  Keep plugging away.

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said...

but I was referring to your son & his friends 

Hahahaha!  Here you go!

All done! I'll bind it in scrappy colors, I think. :D

KSCarolyn

3/27/21

I'm in major need of prayer warriors.  I started having a lot of back pain/sciatic pain just before Thanksgiving.  Since then I have had numerous injections in my back,  physical therapy, etc.  It would be better for a little while than start back up again.  It's gotten to the point that I can't walk because of the pain.  I have to use a walker or wheelchair.  I can't drive because of the pain and the pain meds I'm on.  Yesterday I had a myelogram done at the request of my back surgeon to see what back surgery would help to relieve the pain. A myelogram is a procedure where they inject a dye into the spinal column and then take CT pictures to clearly see what the problems are.  It was a complete disaster.  The doctor tried and tried to inject the dye and was unable to find a window to insert the dye.  I was awake during the procedure. He finally had to "call it" because there was no way to get into the spine because of the disc degeneration disease and bone spurs.  I have no idea what our next step is.  I'm still in a great deal of pain.  I did find out that my pacemaker is MRI compatible with certain MRI machines.  It was thought before that I wasn't a candidate for MRI because of the pacemaker. So maybe that might be the next step.  
Right now I'm just waiting to see if the medicines the doctor has ordered for me (prednisone, 2 kinds of pain meds) and a physical therapist coming to my home to work on exercises. I haven't given up hope yet ..........................................but boy, some days it's hard. 
karensquilte

3/27/21

Carolyn, sorry you're having so much pain.  Sending you prayers and thoughts.  Keep up the positive thoughts. Karen

karensquilte

3/27/21

Laura, gosh oh mighty.  You ladies are having such trouble with your hands.  You take it easy and rest and let that hand heal.

karensquilte

3/27/21

Judy, glad you were able to get your bag and machine back.  Know that must have been scary.  You, take care of yourself and use the mobile devices when you need to.  Don't leave to chance.  Thinking of you. k