Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1893000 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-1

Thanks for letting me know!  

Call me whenever you want.  I'll try to answer or get to voicemail quickly if you have to leave a message.  My DH hates when I interrupt a conversation with him to even glance to see who is calling.  

Take a look at the "Big Ole" trees that were hauled in and used as the main posts of that shed!  The are old and we assume really heavy.  David is looking toward keeping them and using them somewhere when we take the shed down for something more stable and secure.  We think the wood in there and those huge timbers are really cool!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-2

Wow!  Baby has sure grown.  glad you are getting some use out of your quilt.relaxed

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-2

I talked to Carolyn a few days ago.  She sounded better.  The pain is finally controlled except for when she first gets out of bed in the morning.  She's is blessed to have George.  She isn't so fearful that she will fall and she is eating better.  Praying that the surgery will alleviate her pain.   

MelRN

Jun-2

Thank you for the update! I'll continue praying!

lppenguins

Jun-2

I’ve used it every day. Chemo coming up so I’m sure I’ll use it then too. I love it

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-5

Thought you were doing radiation, not chemo.  I know they often do both.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-5

A few days ago DH saw a post on FB that a photographer who lives in the neighborhood was getting rid of quilts she used to use for background.  

She said they were old but still good enough for cutter projects like pillows of teddy bears.  So now they are mine.. Many of them are hand quilted.  They have tear, worn fabric(gone), frayed binding etc that well loved quilts often have.  I'll post pictures here.  If anyone is interested in one or more, let me know.  I will definitely share.

This last one is just a top.

LABFIEND

Jun-5

Going out tomorrow to take plates to your house.  Am going to put them in a black trash sack i  the shed, so they don't  get dirty!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-6

LABFIEND said...

Going out tomorrow to take plates to your house.  Am going to put them in a black trash sack i  the shed, so they don't  get dirty!

Sounds great.  Have fun but don't get lost in the weeds and overgrown grass!  Let me know how it goes.

Well, I am glad they are *finally* being delivered to their forever home.  haha  You will not believe how heavy they are.  They have taken a circuitous route from Bluff Dale, Texas (where my friend lived), to Irving, Texas (where I lived), and then went with Patty to who knows where all, and now coming in for a landing to your place.  I hope after all this you will enjoy them.  And I apologize for the breakage, but the box was like that when I got it.  I never opened the box to see exactly what was broken, because I was afraid I couldn't get everything back in the box.  Thanks, Patty, for getting them there!