Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1925999 views.

Judy we have 10 acres and a big house in New Mexico. If we try to get a house on the front range it will be a tiny starter home for what we can get...............the answer is no. We are trying to figure out where we want a retirement home, maybe more on the other side of the Rockies instead of the front range which is just way to crowded. We are thinking of something a few hours from where we are staying so we can go there on weekends and little trips. We are both avid skiiers so want something close to skiing areas. The market is crazy now but if we don't sell this fall not sure if the market will hold.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Welcome back!  I'm sure you had a wonderful time with family and especially seeing your DGD in her element.  But I'm sorry to hear both you and Bob have ongoing shoulder and back issues.  I'll put your surgery on my calendar and be praying for your successful surgery and rapid recovery.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

We are going through sores on DH’s foot bc of that. We get one healed, and another sore comes up, while cleaning the one that he’s been on strong antibiotics for tonight, I was so disappointed when I took his shoe and sock off tonight to see a blood blister had formed right beside the sore. Very frustrating, he’s in wheelchair, not walking and still getting them.  He can’t wear any decent shoes bc of the Charcot foot the the one foot and partial amputation on the other.  
sorry, I just had to vent. 

Awww (((( Sandy)))).  I'm so sorry.  That must be so very discouraging for you both.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

Thanks, it helps to put my frustrations here than voice them at him.

Then you just post away.  That's what friends want to do for you.  We want to be near to you...  from afar.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

DBIL said he is now waiting on fabric so I decided to just come back to New Mexico yesterday.

I'm sorry I must have missed something...  what does this man?

Oh my, you are doing so much work on your house.  In one breath I want to say take care of YOU during this packing and prepping for the sale and move but I also want to say I hope you have the positive outcome you desire.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Thanks Laura.  We think it is fun watching the sky and weather as it moves from the mountains to the west toward the east.  We've never lived in a place that has soooo much sky you can see at one time.  

How are you doing with the treatments?  I hope you are caring for yourself with the help of your wonderful family.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

How fun for you to open the finished quilt!  I look forward to see pictures of the group creation.  

Wasn't that Road to CA fabric fun?!  I thought about making you a heart our of it but wasn't sure you might want to create something different with it.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Oh my.  I'm so sorry Carolyn has been having such a very hard time during her recovery.  I wonder if she can even tell if the surgery helped.  Gotta keep praying her through.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-18

Wow Yetta!!  Sounds like you guys are on a cruise ship.  Enjoy!!!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-18

Just wait 'til you see what they made out of it!!