Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1930309 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-24

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

Can I say I wish I were done so I can get back to my regular routine.

YES!  You have been working like a wild woman and you have gotten soooo very much accomplished to completion.  Enjoy your few days away in CO and then back to it and you'll be free, FRee, FREE soon!!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-24

Mr. Pirate & I just returned from our annual 1 week extended family camping vacation.  It was very nice to see everyone again.

I brought my EPP hexie project to work on: color-blocked hexies,  which have been sewn into units of 4.  This is an on-going Forever Project, mainly to be worked on when I have nothing else going on.  So, there is no planned end to this particular project. 

HOWEVER, come October, I'm going to be putting that project on hiatus for a while.  I have put myself on the preorder list for Pink Door Fabrics (of Frederick, CO) newest EPP project, Inner Cubes.   See picture below:

Not only are there 3D cubes in vibrant colors but if you take a REAL CLOSE look, you'll see all sorts of stars of fussy cut, black-n-white dot fabrics with another, smaller 3D cube in the middle of the star.  Then there are the black-n-white striped fabric making a secondary design.  This project is **all about the fabric**.   Sure you could certainly do it in other fabrics, other colorways, but THIS fabric selection is **amazing**.  I think it's going to take a LOT of attention to where you are in the layout and I'm sure looking forward to it!  :-)

This pattern or templates or paper templates or fabrics can be found at https://www.pinkdoorfabrics.com/

May be art

judyinohio

Jul-24

And when I looked closely I saw multiple interlocking color wheels!

Looks like an awesomely challenging project worthy of your skills.

latterberry

Jul-24

I'm exhausted just reading about all you have been doing!  I must have missed it if you said something, but does this mean you will be moving to CO permanently?  Will you be staying in the RV or looking for a house?  

latterberry

Jul-24

Holy cow!  That boggles my mind!  But is does sound right up your alley and I bet you will have it finished in not that long of a time.

Midkid5

Jul-24

Definitely a Pirate project, crazy amazing looking quilt.  Noticed you didn’t call it a forever project, what you thinking six, seven month? LOL

How small are the smaller hexagons?

Jo

viola (sissly4)

Jul-24

You sure are busy working on the house.Glad you are able to do it.It sound like a man job. Hope everything will go the way you want it to go.Yesterday I went thru all my material and sort it.It took me all day to do it.But am glad it is done and can see what I have. Went to Paducah Wed for my eyes.Love my new doctor.Then went  to Handcock Quilt Shop. Got backing that was on sale for $4.75. All kinded of pretty print for children. I had ten top's that my friend Karen made and I put it togather ready to take it to the c.p.Service in Martin. Saw my primary doctor Tues. here in S. Fulton.They were all nice in his office. Monday I go to the library Fulton,ky To meet up with group of book club ladies.That should be interesting. Then go for lunch.I like my church. They have lot's activity going on for the senior's. So I have been joining them.So I am staying busy.I hand quilt on Thursday with a bunch of ladies at Senior center in Martin every Thurs.When that quilt is done another one is put in the frame. If I want to I can stay after and play game or cards with the people that are there. Life here is so differ lay back then in Phoenix. 

viola (sissly4)

Jul-24

You go Girl.That look like you.It is beautiful.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-24

Midkid5 said:

How small are the smaller hexagons?

I have no idea!

That sure looks like something for you. It should keep you busy for a bit.