Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1890841 views.
latterberry

Jul-30

I could have fit right in that photo too!  And guess what I found at Kohls--those body shirts that snapped at the crotch.  We may have worn those low slung hip huggers, but we didn't show belly.

latterberry

Jul-30

My hair was like that too.  I remember pulling it up into a high pony tail and rolling it around orange juice cans since they were the biggest rollers I could use.  Took forever to dry and I don't know how I possible slept that way, but it did straighten out the curls.

That photo looks much like a wedding I was in back in the 70s.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

latterberry said:

those body shirts that snapped at the crotch. 

Oh man, I found some of those from my college days, altho I sewed them myself.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I have patterns from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond.  Lisa was thrilled to be able to look through actual "retro" patterns and not reproductions! 

LOL, I still have patterns I used or bought from the 80's,  bought on sale and some I used, some I just wanted to use.  I really need to thin the herd, I also have baby patterns, but those I use sometimes, when I make clothes as gifts for other people (doesn't happen often).  Glad she found some she liked.

latterberry

Jul-30

LOL!  You didn't want to wait to the last minute to go to the bathroom!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-30

and God forbid...you were on your monthly...sigh...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

latterberry said:

And guess what I found at Kohls--those body shirts that snapped at the crotch.  We may have worn those low slung hip huggers, but we didn't show belly.

You got that right!    I even still HAVE those body shirt patterns!   They were absolutely AWESOME with jeans.   They obviously stayed tucked in and gave you such a *sleek* silhouette with the hip huggers!   Ahhhh ... youth is wasted on the young.  :-)

judyinohio

Jul-30

My DD used to get so angry with me when I would mutter that.

Now that she is 50 she understands.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

latterberry said:

LOL!  You didn't want to wait to the last minute to go to the bathroom!

Ha Ha, that's right!!

Midkid5

Jul-30

I loved hip huggers, they were the first female jeans that fit prior all jeans came from the boys department.  I was in jr high.  I could not wear body shirts, none were long enough to get snapped.

Does any one remember H.A.S.H. jeans?

Jo