Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1922079 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-7

Linda, I'm so glad your dentist discovered the infection and started you on antibiotics.  To get some relief so quickly sure must be encouraging to you.  The colors of your new Tula project sure are cheerful!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-7

Wow Shelley, your new Tula project will be so cool...  if you don't go blind by the time you are done!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-7

Wow Linda, that Tula Nova will be stunning too!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-7

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

I will certainly remember your existence if I don't have a clue on what do to with the finished quilt.   :-)

Somehow I don't think you'll have a problem figuring out what to do with it if I'm around!  It might get lost in the mail to OH...  just sayin'...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-7

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Somehow I don't think you'll have a problem figuring out what to do with it if I'm around!  It might get lost in the mail to OH...  just sayin'...

Gotcha.  :-)

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-7

lppenguins said...

ive got my first 2 radiation appts. down. Only 19 more to go. It’s not so bad. ;0)

Wow, good for you!  I'm so glad the radiation is not taking "it" out of you at this point.  May your treatment continue to be mild.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-8

Hi everyone!  I've missed being here so it was fun catching up with you all.  I've been busy finishing a little table topper quilt out of left over fabric from DJ's GA Tech quilt.  He showed me a picture of a couple of houseplants for his desk and their dining table in their dorm apartment.  The little fern looked nice but very pitiful sitting there on the bare table.  So I had just the right scraps to put a small mat together to go beneath it.  But it may have found a different use.   I kill time while watching TV with DH and happened across DJ's school mascot "Buzz" the Yellowjacket dunking their arch rival's (Univ of GA) mascot Bulldog (or as Tech students refer to it as The Dawg.  They haven't had their "hate" week yet leading up to the big football game so I was able to get this for a song ad take it to him when we visited last weekend.  He seemed to get a real kick out of using the two together!  And he said his roommates really like Buzz too!!

Just to clarify...  The corners have T's and as a little funny I left one corner missing a T.  The first time we went to campus I kept seeing a missing T on signs around.  DJ finally explained that for years students steal the Ts.  I bit odd to me but they are a bunch of nerds so I guess that explains it!

Dee mentioned being with a lady that sure reminded her if Yetta.  On our way home from ATL we had a layover in DAL and i thought I saw our Denise in the airport restroom.  But she wasn't there when I really looked back so I just chalked it up to Denise being on my mind.  Then as we were waiting to board the plane I saw her again.  A snuck a picture.  What do you all think?

Well fiddle.  If someone can upright this pic, please do!

judyinohio

Oct-8

Here's Judy's photo made "upright".

Judy, in central Ohio it is "normal" to obliterate capital Ms during the week that Ohio State plays the "big game" against University of Michigan (arch rival). This business of messing with the initial letter has nothing to do with nerdiness;  it is just a silly tradition that began decades ago that shows how intense the rivalry can be.  I suppose such shenanigans go on in other states ....

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-8

Oh my goodness!  The man in the background looks like David Akers!