Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 504359 views.
Lothlorien93

12/5/17

What an Adorable baby quilt!..Love it. yes, those units will be perfect for the border....Are you to be a Grandma?!

In reply toRe: msg 109
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/5/17

On the non-longarm quilting front, I'm continuing to work on my Forever Project.  I am appliquing thousands double-pointed leaves.

I am SO tired of appliquing thousands of double-pointed leaves.

I have, at last estimate, thousands more to go.

Working towards the end, one leaf at a time, one stitch at a time.  I'm beginning to hate leaves 

latterberry

12/5/17

Midkid5 said:

Do you sign your quilts?

No, I never sign my quilts unless it is something special like a wedding or friend's baby present.  Do you?

latterberry

12/5/17

I remember when all of that happened.  I haven't check in with PL since then.  Besides, you probably remember I had an unfavorable experience with them too--rather the lady that collected for them.

judyinohio

12/5/17

Yes, I recall that.  And how you found a different group that was more appreciative of your donations.

judyinohio

12/5/17

And who chose that pattern, Ms. Pirate?

Midkid5

12/5/17

Yes, even if no label, I sign them.  My machine has the abcs as one of its decorative stitches, there are thirty spaces just enough for

Xxxxy Grandma Collection 2017.

I use a thread of similar color so you have to look to find it.  Put it usually in the border after the quilting is done.  I started this very early in my quilt making.  Oldest DGD baby quilt wasn't sign as it was made before current machine, she asked to have signed even tho she no longer used it.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

12/5/17

Oh, someone with lofty ambitions. ??

Suze (casuzenn)

12/5/17

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I am SO tired of appliqueing thousands of double-pointed leaves. I have, at last estimate, thousands more to go.

I love leaves...

It will look gorgeous when its done...