Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 159823 views.
latterberry

3/8/19

Sharon!  Welcome back!  It is so good to hear from you and hope you will jump in and add to the conversations,

I think he's fun! :) I'm not worried about them softening cause I'm just doing wallhangings. 

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/11/19

I started this paper pieced crazy thing shortly after the Dallas show last year - bought the pattern and the papers - big big big time saver.  And here we are 1 year later.  All the fabrics are from  my stash though I did have to purchase a couple more yards of the black background.  All the colors are spotted though you can't tell from this picture - most were a set of FQ's I bought from connecting threads several years ago.  this weekend I started putting the blocks together, but I'm adding a very narrow sashing because the points of each of the diamonds has a LOT of fabric layers.  There was no way they were going to go together nicely.  they will appear to float but I like that better than having a giant knuckle at each.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/11/19

Wow, Dee!   That is a LOT of work that you've done.   I like the idea of the sashing so that your paper pieced shapes will float ... very effective!

judyinohio

3/12/19

That is the most awesomely gorgeous scrappy creation!!!!!!!  Love your color choices!

What's the name of the pattern?

Midkid5

3/12/19

Stunning creatation Dee.

Jo

I remember seeing that when you first showed it, how stunning! I bet there are many, many hours of work in that.