Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 108549 views.
Shyraz

Mar-31

I think I'm feeling the heat from this quilt already.

That quilt is going to look awesome Judy.  And quite Hot.

Shyraz

Mar-31

Doing a pineapple quilt is on my wish list, but it keeps moving down the list as easier projects pop up.  I look forward to seeing your quilt Mishii.

Shyraz

Mar-31

Here’s one that I recently made.  Just needs its label and then into the case for when I go to New Zealand in May for the foster kiddies.

judyinohio

Mar-31

Mishii, you are a big tease!!   I was expecting a photo of a smushed pineapple NOW, not later after you get all 573843 border strips put together.  I could die of old age by then .....

judyinohio

Mar-31

That is super-adorable!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-31

Mishii said:

I really don't like wasting hours of work so I figure non quilting people won't know that it really isn't supposed to look like that.  I'm going with the story that my pineapples fell off the truck....slightly flattened, a little bruised, some badly mangled, but still fun.

Geez, you're hysterical.  :-)   Since I am MUCH YOUNGER than Judy in Ohio, I can afford to wait ever-so-patiently for the promised photo. :-)

Every time I look at a pineapple quilt, my eyeballs go bonkers.  The pattern just seems to jangle my nerves no matter if it's a planned color scheme or scrappy, so it is nowhere on my list of quilts to make.  Lordy knows I have enough on that list already.  The lack of a pineapple quilt isn't going to be a big hole. 

I was sitting next to Colene at that retreat and just loved that quilt. She did have a special ruler and it looked like it really made those blocks easy to do.

That is a beautiful quilt!

Shyraz

Mar-31

Thanks Ami.  It did take me a while to get my head around the cutting, sewing, re-cutting, re-sewing and then cutting again and then sewing it together to make sub-units.  The instructions threw me a bit but did finally get the hang of it.  Quite a few mistakes in there, but as it is so busy, it’s not really noticeable.

Shyraz

Mar-31

Thanks Judy.  I now have my son’s girlfriend giving it a try.  Her colour scheme is pinks, greys and a spot of cream.  Should look good when done.