Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 108571 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-23

judyinohio said:

Will there be sashing in the finished quilt?

The plan right now is for no sashing.  Each block is on a black background.  The appliqued designs do not go right to the edge.  When all the blocks are butted up to each other, it will (should, I hope) look like it is one ginormous black background with these appliques arranged in a grid fashion.   Think kinda like a Baltimore Album quilt.

Your quilt is going to provide a bright spot of concentrated sunshine on your gloomy winter days!  Tea dyeing would certainly tone it down, but I'm not sure it would be as attractive.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

Apr-23

Judy your quilt is my favorite color. It's a real beauty. My Mom made a nylon jacket that color for me when I was about ten years old and all of my friends wanted one like it. I think mom just wanted to make sure a train didn't hit me  when I crossed the railroad tracks on the way to school.

Right now I am making a Double Wedding Ring quilt for my brother Vince and his wife Lisa. Their kids are giving them a party for their 50th Anniversary in June. All of the parts are done and sewed in columns. I just have to sew the two halves together. It is 94 X 110. It's been a lot of work. It's a batik kit I bought about 8 years ago and it was laser cut with marks on the curves. That helped for easier matching. I would hate to cut all of those pieces.

I' be looking for a picture of your hot strip quilt.

Mary

judyinohio

Apr-23

Pre-cut kits are a marvelous idea, aren't they?? 

I think the entrepreneurs who have the gumption to go into business and sell well-done kits deserve pats on their backs for making life better for those of us who don't want to cut but who prefer to just sew.

latterberry

Apr-24

Oh, no--not too bright at all.  It is cheery and colorful.  Certainly a bright spot and would look great draped over your white sofa.

latterberry

Apr-24

When I read about the coat your mom made for you, I thought about the Dolly Parton song--Coat of many colors.  Now it is stuck in my head.    Your DWR sounds wonderful.  Looking forward to pictures.

judyinohio

Apr-24

Thanks, Lynne.

I never thought the day would come when those two youngsters would think I was being too flamboyant but apparently it has. Jana did go ga-ga over my polymer clay jewelry though so I still love her to pieces.  heart_eyes 

(She has always been a more cheerful and optimistic person than my DD .... why else would she get married three times?)

latterberry

Apr-24

judyinohio said:

(She has always been a more cheerful and optimistic person than my DD .... why else would she get married three times?)

Now that IS optimistic! 

I think it looks awesome just the way it is!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-24

Nice.  You are moving right along on that project.  How many more blocks do you have to go?