Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 158325 views.
MarciainMD

May-29

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Great double pinwheel quilt.  Very colorful.  Should make the baby notice.

Thanks Cathy!

I love lantana, but we don't get enough sun for them to really flourish.

MarciainMD

May-29

Mary, your double wedding ring is absolutely fantastic!

MarciainMD

May-29

3carats (MaryDinFL) said:

My brother built his own house a and the workmanship is perfection. He also does woodworking on the side. He is retired now and is a contractor supervising building  Houses For Humanity. Lisa loves everything I make for her. She doesn't sew but has beautiful gardens and is active in garden clubs.

They sound like people who will truly appreciate that beauty of a quilt you have created.

MarciainMD

May-29

Love the red flower!

MarciainMD

May-29

Mel Harris (MelHarris1) said:

Oh, cute!

Thanks Mel!

I did bring the table runner to show & tell a couple of years ago - I'm "sure" I said something at the time about using batiks.

there are a lot of "inside" corners, which play much nicer with batiks.

Here's the one I'm working on now.  I did do "regular" applique for the little circles, but the rest is reverse.

I recently decided I wasn't using the precut novelties much any more, so I'm sewing them up, along with a bunch of piano key borders.  I've got 2 more kits made that are going to take some time, but these were quickies.  It was like a little quilt retreat in my sewing room last weekend, just me & a new (to me) series of audio books.  I loved it - but my back/neck/shoulders didn't.

your novelty quilts look great, simple but full of color. I am working on my longarm today.............last day before I go back to Colorado. I am trying to get the SITD done on my blue and orange wonkey circle quilt today so that next time I am here I can fill the background. I am useing monofillament thread and it is really slow going and takes a lot of time. I am also doing a double batting so this takes extra care to avoid shifting but the results are so worth it as the circular shapes really puff nicely.

Tomorrow I am going to the Fiber Arts Fiesta with an old co-worker. It should be lots of fun and I sure will enjoy looking at all the cool things. Sadly I did not think to enter anything for this show as I have in the past.

Well break time is over back to the longarm and then time to try to pack for my Colorado trip ( I am driving so plan to bring fabric and stuff to work on as I am out of projects up there.)

MarciainMD

May-29

Such cute novelty quilts!  It's so satisfying to make the quick ones, almost instant gratification.

judyinohio

May-29

Those quilts of yours just sparkle ... or is it twinkle?  

The mix of fabrics with blacks and whites mixed in with the bright colors are just perfect.  Looks like you had fun working on those ... too much fun if you wracked your muscles.