Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 130705 views.

frustrated - with myself or my long arm....  I apparently have forgotten how to thread my machine in the middle of a quilting session.  I quilted one I spy quilt no problem.  Then decided I needed to load another bobbin before I started the next one.  So I unthreaded (I have only 1 cone of white), wound the bobbin.  then rethreaded.  3 TIMES the top thread jumped out of the tension.  It would sew just fine for a short section (3 - 5 minutes), then I'd get the thread break message.  Look on the bottom and there were big giant loops, look on the top and the thread was virtually hanging loose.  Rethreaded, tried again.  On the 3rd time I decided I was tired and stupid and needed to go to bed.  Really hoping I'm smarter tonight.  I've been threading this machine (and my old version which was the same) for YEARS now.  How is it I all of a sudden don't know how to thread my machine!  grrrrr.

judyinohio

Jun-19

When in doubt carefully put in a new needle.

Then cross your fingers when starting to stitch again. 

Likely due to stress of seeing all those loops. Sometimes it is better to walk away and come back another day.

I finally finished a wearable muslin pair of pants to my satisfaction. I love the final fit and am excited to make the pattern out of that big piece of denim I bought at SAS during the last retreat. I hope to cut the out on Friday. In the meantime I need to install an invisible zipper in the sundress I am working on and finish that up. I also need to cut the vine fabric for my tree of life quilt but seem to be drawn to garment making instead. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-19

finished another Art Deco block.  (5) more 12" Art Deco floral blocks to go.  Still working on the interminable border blocks

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

the interminable border blocks

now that's an interesting block name.....

judyinohio

Jun-19

It just came to me that I could try to imitate some of your shapes for some of my floral creations in polymer.  Right now I am bored with flowers and creating a bizarre bird but when I go back to flowers I might cast an eye at some of your blocks.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-19

re: imitation .... or why reinvent the wheel?  :-)

Reeze Hanson is the designer of the blocks I am stitching.

You can see the original Art Deco blocks here: https://www.morningglorydesigns.com/shop/Applique-Quilt-Patterns/p/Deco-Garden-Block-of-the-Month-x23874820.htm

and more of her Art Deco blocks are interspersed here: https://www.morningglorydesigns.com/shop/Block-Collections--Current-Free-Block-of-the-Month.htm

You can use those drawings as inspiration once you get back into florals. :-)

judyinohio

Jun-19

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thank you.