Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 168358 views.
MarciainMD

Jul-15

I finally finished two quilts I've been working on for at least 4 months.  They are thank you gifts for the two vets who came to the house in December to change the dressing on our dying dog's leg.  We had been told that she HAD to have the dressing changed every week.  My DH had just been taken to the hospital in severe pain and had to stay there until he could have surgery and I couldn't get a 60 lb. dog into our van by myself without causing her more pain.  When I called the clinic in tears they said someone would come to the house after work.  They made two visits to the house and wouldn't accept any pay.  So, of course, I had to make quilts.  One lady has one dog, the other has 8 dogs and several cats, so the quilts are pet-themed.  We delivered the quilts to the clinic today and they are very much appreciated, which made me tear up.  A lot of tears went into the making of the quilts.  The photos are sideways for some reason.  Oh well.  I hope you can see them OK.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-15

wow..those are very nice! Sure to be appreciated...How wonderful they came and helped you in your time of need..

MarciainMD

Jul-15

Thank you!  Yes, they were wonderful to go above and beyond for us.  Even the quilts can't adequately express how grateful we are for their compassion.

judyinohio

Jul-15

Marcia, you did a magnificent job of expressing your gratitude to those veterinarians who gave special help to your furchild in your family's time of need. I love both of the quilts to bits and I can feel the emotion that went in to stitching them up.

Both quilts brought tears to my eyes, too.

MarciainMD

Jul-15

Thank you Judy.  Dag gone it!  Your note made me tear up again.  Or is it the fact that I just got back from an eye exam and my pupils are dilated?  No, it's definitely your sweet note.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-15

Marcia, 

The quilts you made for those who came to help with your dogs dressings are adorable and obviously a labor of love.  I'm sure they were appreciated.  Wouldn't be surprised if there was an dog or cat occasionally taking a rest on one. 

sueinIL

Jul-15

Your quilts are just darling!  I love how rectangles and strips made the cute puppies!  I know your vets appreciate your fabric thank you.

Sue in IL

MarciainMD

Jul-15

Thank you.  I would love it if it is used by humans and their fur family.