Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 138467 views.

I am finally making progress on the undersea quilt.  I cut the fabric for the last of the three fish today. They are all different sizes so started with the biggest.  They are all thtee in progress and I am figuring out the best way to applique, there is reverse applique involved. Hopefully I will have them ready for the final outline around part of theit bodies in the shiny satin fabric soon.

I am also working on a satin dress and a pair of jeans.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-24

While on vacation, I managed to finish (2) 12" Deco Garden blocks.  It seems that I wasn't sitting around as much as I thought I was going to. :-)

And I have finished one more since I returned home.  Oops, i just notice that I forgot the embroidered stamen-things .. so find some embroidery floss and do that.

judyinohio

Jul-24

OOooooohhh .... now the peachy-apricot one is absolutely my new favorite!

MarciainMD

Jul-24

Yummy!  I really like the blue one.

are you going to share a picture of all the ones so far, together?  Or do we have to wait until they are all done?  Enquiring minds want to know.

judyinohio

Jul-24

Yay to Dee for reading my mind.

I'm getting curious-er and curious-er, too.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-24

Oh .. I hadn't thought of that.  I can make up a webpage of the blocks I've done so far.   That will give me something constructive to do, as I procrastinate doing the activities I ought to be doing. :-)

Beautiful. I like the last on best.

Midkid5

Jul-24

My sewing machine was talking nasty last night so today I gave it a good cleaning and oiling, I usually do this at the end of a project but perhaps the current project has been to long.  Than I put most of the scraps in the proper boxes, I cut the scraps from a project into 2.5, 3.5 and 5 inch squares or strips as I work on a project but than just stack them in a pile. One of the reasons for not filing them....that string box, it always has to be opened, if opened It crys make some blocks. So I made ten crumb blocks.  Put all the boxes back on the shelves, changed the blades in two rotary cutters so now my cutting table is clear enough to cut sashing strips.

Jo

Sounds like you got a lot done.