Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 159413 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-13

Looks great, Judy.  Now you can call it done.  I do not see red ribbons when I look at it either.

I love Mackinac Island fudge.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-14

Every so often, Mr. Pirate gets a bee in his bonnet and he just wants to go traveling in our little trailer.  It really doesn't matter to him where, he just wants to get away.

One spot that we like to go to is on the coast, about 1.5 hours due west of us.  We're not particularly beach/ocean people but the mountains are much further away for us.  AND the coast is ALWAYS cooler than temps at our house.  :-)

The RV park that we like to go to was completely full up this weekend, so we opted to shift our getaway to Sunday/Monday/Tuesday .. we'd be pulling in when everyone else is leaving.   The town we go to is Olema, nearby Pt. Reyes Station and lighthouse (about mid-coast of California, north of San Francisco).  It's definitely a sleepy little town that bustles on the weekend due to the tourists.  The local restaurants have awesome clam chowder, which is what Mr. Pirate looks forward to.

So, that's where we've been the past couple days, coming back home this afternoon.  It was a *delightfully* lazy time away.  When we were in the camp, I managed to finish five border blocks for my Art Deco Gardens Forever Project.   They're so small that they practically get done before I can get bored.  :-)

I'm still plugging away at this Forever Project but I'm pleased that the end is in sight.  Although I do have the next Forever Project already lined up, I'm not in any urgent hurry to finish this one.  When it gets done, it gets done.  Which is why it's a Forever Project.  :-)

tuckyquilter

Aug-16

Is there an advantage to having Flicker photo's when sharing?   Just wondering.

judyinohio

Aug-16

I use Flickr when I have a lot of photos to post one one subject. 

Or when I want to share with people who are not on this forum, like my polymer clay friends.

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-16

Continuing to work on my 'For Anne' applique project..I have everything except the bazillion little leaves for the ferns and some of the larger leaves and stems at least pressed onto fabric...we have Studio time again on Sunday...so that is going to be what I am working on...

Also taking my spool of cotton yarn and a crochet hook..one of the ladies last time indicated an interest in learning to crochet and knit..so we may do a 'crochet-along"...I am experimenting with the Tunisian stitch...need a real Tunisian hook..but for small pieces, a regular hook works...

Enjoy your group time. I have dabbled in crochet but have never heard that term before.

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-19

worked on the 'For Anne' for most of the session...decided to turn some hexies for a table runner..it only takes 13 flowers and some connection hexies to make..and looks pretty cute! my fabric is all fruit prints...

The gal doing the Jellyroll Rug did another long snake....she has one more to do before she starts actually putting the rugs together..another gal decided to do some ornaments for a craft fair at her place on the Colorado River..so she spent the time doing the folded star pattern...she had a cute little stand for the 3 inch Styrofoam balls...its made of a canning jar lid nailed to a couple of scrap pieces of wood..very clever!...the hostess did mending...took in a pair of leggings that made her look like she was wearing jhodpers (not sure on the spelling of that and spell check is no use!! - riding pants!! ) and she lowered the neckline on the shirt we made at Road to CA in Jan...it was just not her style!! so now it is!...another gal was knitting..I think a sweater...

All in all..a beautiful day for Studio Time!! weather was gorgeous...not too hot..not too cold...

Samsmom94

Aug-19

I made this baby quilt for a friend who's due very shortly. She LOVES bears, but I didn't want to go the cute blue teddy bear route. Instead I found a quirky bear print and fussy cut the bears. I'm going to quilt it with a bear paw panto.

Cari

Midkid5

Aug-19

Cute teddy bears make nice quilts, but your quilt can be used for a long time even after the toddler stage.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-19

LOVE the way you have offset the bears so they are not all in the same place in every block.   That really provides a "life" and movement to the quilt.  Nicely done!