Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 284474 views.
judyinohio

10/6/19

How about if you try using p-ping? 

The hyphen seems to make it okay with my computer.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

10/7/19

bornblesse2 said:

more triangles for my Dear Jane project.  

Amazing!

Midkid5

10/10/19

I've found a pattern for a small bag that could be made with a more masculine look to it so have been busy making a couple as Christmas gifts for grandsons. It's the rose double zipper toiletry bag from owl be sewing you tube channel.

I came across of an idea for a Christmas gift for hard to find a gift son, that I'm thinking of turning into a pillow.  Does anyone have a good ration of how much to over lap when making an envelope pillow case? What's the tricks for not having elf ears for the corners of a pillow?

Jo

MarciainMD

10/10/19

I can't help with your question but have you checked out Pirate's blog?  She has so many great tutorials there.

Suze (casuzenn)

10/10/19

second the advice to check Pirate's blog...I know she showed me how to not get 'elf ears' on pillows!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/10/19

Midkid5 said:

What's the tricks for not having elf ears for the corners of a pillow?

Oh!  Oh!  I know!  :-)  and it's simple.

A picture is worth 1000 words, so here's a picture for how to avoid dog-ears on corners ..

You are going to RESHAPE the corners to create a new cutting/sewing line.  it is counter-intuitive but you have to essentially "cut into" the corner to make the final result appear to be a right-angle.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Midkid5

10/10/19

Thank you, and so right a picture is worth 1000 words.

Jo

LindaPutt

10/13/19

Love this - I'll remember it for next time.

judyinohio

10/13/19

After making quilts since 1993 I am finally getting around to working on a small QAYG project.

(Can't accuse me of being impulsive in my choices of techniques. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye)

Our kitchen table is usually covered in newspapers these days (retirement means we can dawdle over our daily reading matter) and so I chose a newspaper theme for these placemats. Not done yet but I thought the pattern was cute enough to share. Pattern is called "Friday Fiesta Place Mats" and it's by Gudrun Erla from Iceland .  (www.gequiltdesigns.com)

One placemat is finished. Second one has binding pinned on. The others are waiting patiently for more time under the needle. Colorful scraps are batik leftovers from my color wheel days.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/13/19

really pretty, Judy.   Placemats are so great to make ... instant gratification.  You're finished with an entire set before you ever get bored. :-)