Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 159026 views.

I didn’t realize he got laid off. Bummer.

how cute!  IF you are interested in selling that pattern, let me know.  Marion collects llamas.

bornblesse2

Oct-22

The elephant quilt is a Donna’s, and her second one!  It is adorable!

MarciainMD

Oct-23

Here is the house block I made for a friend who is moving to Iowa.  There are several of us at quilt guild who are contributing blocks.  Her favorite color is purple and she loves cats.  Many thanks to Suze and Cris for sending me some kitty fabric,  Just to be ornery, I included a dog lounging in the grass (and she does like dogs, just doesn't have any).  The cats are keeping their eyes on the dog!  I used Steam a Seam 2 to fuse the appliques onto the block and decorated it with thread painting.  I'm pleased with the results and hope she will get a chuckle whenever she looks at it.  The thread painting doesn't show up very well. Bummer.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-23

your block turned out very cute!

MarciainMD

Oct-23

Thanks Suze!  And thank you for your contribution.  Plus I have several pieces your cat fabric that I can use for kids' quilts.

Midkid5

Oct-23

Your block has a lot of character and should be a wonderful reminder to your friend of her time in MD.

Jo

What a fun block. I am sure she will love it. 

judyinohio

Oct-23

Is that a basket of freshly-laundered quilt fabric next to the dog?  You created a terrific story block  for your friend to remind her of her happy days in Maryland  and of your quilting group that had one dog-lover. 

You really let your creative juices flow with this one, Marcia.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-23

Very fun quilt block and GOOD call with including a dog!  LOL!

Again, you are most entirely welcome for the cat fabric.

Cris in MT