Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 266910 views.
latterberry

10/24/19

Good thinking, Judy.  

MarciainMD

10/24/19

Thanks Lynne.  I'm looking forward to giving it to her.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/24/19

judyinohio said:

Would you be willing to print out small copies on plain computer paper of each digital photo, cut them apart and use a glue stick to work out a "map" of your quilt to use as a guide for piecing them together? 

that *is* a good idea.  I'll see what my patience level is.  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/24/19

So, all of my block images have been resized and printed out.  Now to play "move the tiles" on a 7x7 grid (which I also had to draw)  :-)

judyinohio

10/24/19

Ah, my primitive idea has been improved upon.  wink

That makes my jigsaw-puzzling heart very happy.

Not to mention my jigsaw-puzzling brain is thrilled to think that you will avoid making an annoying mistake that you would come to lament in later days if you had pieced together the first section and then realized that one of the early blocks truly belonged in the second section ...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/24/19

et voila!   the first row is done!    .... the saga continues

Samsmom94

10/29/19

Thank you Judy. For the bear quilt I wasn't thrilled with the coordinates Hobby Lobby had for the bear fabric so I went stash diving in my FQ drawers and got lucky to find some from Connecting Threads  that I thought were better. I had help too, I picked out 5 or 6 different ones and a friend helped me narrow it down to the barn red and the persimmon.

Cari

Samsmom94

10/29/19

Lynne, Marcia, Ami and Suze, thank you!

Cari

• Edited October 29, 2019 12:27 am  by  Samsmom94
Samsmom94

10/29/19

Dee the pattern is called Turtle Island from this website - http://www.starquiltpatterns.com/Web/2Patterns/Patterns1.html

I just found out a few days ago that her website is back up. Two years ago when I thought I had lost the pattern the website was inactive and nothing was being sold. There's a couple more of her patterns that I want to make. Someday lol.

Cari

Samsmom94

10/29/19

The llama is really cute!

Cari