Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 167766 views.
CozyQuilts

Nov-10

Hello Everyone

I went to a 3-day retreat this past weekend and had a wonderful time visiting with friends, sewing and enjoying good food! I actually finished all that I had on my list, except for binding on 2 table runners. I used up the fleece that I was going to give away and made them into blankets for Children's Hospital. We had an estate sale at the guild meeting a few months ago and I I got 2 projects for free. I decided to go ahead and finish them and they turned out nicely. I also made 2 purses, one for each granddaughter. One is a Unicorn purse and the other is a Princess.

I am still unpacking and hope to get the binding done by tomorrow.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

But then you realize that you can put this filler block here and that filler block there and take da! It's done!

That was my method.  If I needed a little bit to size up I added a small strip of black filler.  Once I got started, it went together pretty quickly.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Well partly the challenge, partlt I do not have much wall space left.

You can start rotating quilts and wall hangings every 3 months or buy a bigger house, or build a studio with lots of wall space.relaxed

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

Thanks for all the positive comments on the t-shirt quilt.  Some of the credit goes to Ellen and Carrie, my advisors.   The next one will be easier.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

I love retreats and often find I can get a lot accomplished.  Glad you had a good one.  Cute purses for your granddaughters.

latterberry

Nov-11

Your little purses are darling!!  The girls will love the.

MarciainMD

Nov-11

Congratulations on getting so many projects finished!  The two purses are adorable.

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-11

sounds like you had a grand time!

those purses are very cute

bornblesse2

Nov-11

Retreats are so much fun!  And I love getting things accomplished!

well, I do rotate them periodically.  And you'd seen my studio - it's pretty full now.  DH has suggested I start hanging them on the cathedral ceiling.