Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 166825 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

I love retreats and often find I can get a lot accomplished.  Glad you had a good one.  Cute purses for your granddaughters.

latterberry

Nov-11

Your little purses are darling!!  The girls will love the.

MarciainMD

Nov-11

Congratulations on getting so many projects finished!  The two purses are adorable.

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-11

sounds like you had a grand time!

those purses are very cute

bornblesse2

Nov-11

Retreats are so much fun!  And I love getting things accomplished!

well, I do rotate them periodically.  And you'd seen my studio - it's pretty full now.  DH has suggested I start hanging them on the cathedral ceiling.

DD asked if I could make her another therapy vest, to use with her Occupational Therapy kids.  She had bought a couple with buttons & snaps but she wanted one with smaller buttons for the kids to practice with.  After my sister and I tut tut'ed over how poorly the binding was attached on the ones she purchased, I got started.  Wow, It has been a long time since I made any button holes, took me a while to remember how my machine does them. 

It is interesting, she had tried purchasing some shirts for the kids to practice buttoning, but they were very reluctant to put on someone else's shirt.  But they are ok with the vest.  Go figure.  Keep in mind these are home health kids with developmental challenges.  Anyway, it was fun to work on something that will help her at her job.

MarciainMD

Nov-11

Nice job Dee!  It's great that you can be involved in your DD's work this way.

Midkid5

Nov-11

Dee, glad you could be of assistance to DD.  I like your choice of bright orange and practical grey fabric.

Jo

It is actually navy and red. relaxed  she wanted contrast.