Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 167923 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-17

'Butterflies' quilt is almost done...I have the front of the binding done...just need  to stitch it down and I have the label all ready to stitch down...

Started working on 'Miss MaryJane the Pirate Gecko' quilt...she is steamed down, ready for couching purple thread around her...and I have the purple borders cut out...

Almost done with my Ugly Fabric item...just a few more details and that will be ready for Retreat!

Msg 3006.2989 deleted
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-17

I haven't a clue where the batik fabric came from.  If you recognize it from SAS, then it very well could be true.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-17

FYI, I deleted the post from “Jack Daniels“ who seems to only be here to post a link to something.

edited: thanks Mishi and Jonna for alerting me to Jack’s second spam message  he’s Now blocked  

judyinohio

Nov-17

Sounds silly but I'm thinking about flowers for spring by starting to work with polymer clay again. You might recall that I've grumbled about squirrels burying acorns in the very large pots on my terrace  These rascals return in the spring to dig up the acorns and also dig up my newly-planted wax begonias which I find highly annoying.

Okay, this coming year I will not plant wax begonias. I will plant a bunch of polymer clay posies, birds and bugs and such on long metal stakes. I started this collection last summer and I will add to it by spending the winter creating oodles more.

Here's a 21 o'clock flower for starters.  (You do recall your grandmothers planting four o'clocks, don't you?)  This thing has 21 yellow dots around its center ... hence the peculiar name.  It is not on a stake yet, just resting on the bowl I used to shape it for baking but you get the idea ... large red petals, smaller red petals, some stuff in the center, drooping on a glass bowl and baked until firm.

And I'm off and running on creating strange blossoms for my flower pots for the 2020 gardening season.  grinning 

I will never try to create a "real" flower ... only aiming for cartoon-ish ones.

Midkid5

Nov-17

I love it, it looks great.  Been wondering what you and your clay have been up to.

Jo

judyinohio

Nov-17

Thanks, Jo.  I spent the past four weeks making some small gifts from denim jeans parts (turning jeans legs into little pots) for stocking stuffers but that got old so it was time to go back to spontaneous claying again. 

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-17

red flower is seriously cute!

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-17

'Miss MaryJane the Pirate Gecko' is now a top...I am not extraordinarily pleased with the satin stitching...my machine just does not have a good setting for satin stitch and oh lordy, I was NOT going to go over it 3 times - twice was once too much already!!!...sigh..oh well...borders are on and it should be ready for quilting soon. 

Ellen...can we show pictures of the QuiltMama stuff before Retreat?